Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 8: Toronto Raptors (4-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-2) | 127-116 loss
(11-08-2023, 09:15 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: That super small lineup with no rim protection is not pretty.

THJ could hit 10 3s and they would still lose the minutes as long as he is guarding Siakam or Barnes.
Like Reply
It’s early, so no rush to judgement, but I have not been impressed by Holmes, so far.
Like Reply
Mavs special...Giving up transition points after a made shot.
Like Reply
Lol, and right on cure, Holmes with the hustle play to get Kyrie a 2nd chance three.
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 09:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Lol, and right on cure, Holmes with the hustle play to get Kyrie a 2nd chance three.

Followed by a turnover and a dunk for the Raptors.
Like Reply
Mavs shooting the three really well again but really sloppy with the ball.

Let’s see if the defense improves in the second half. Toronto is getting a lot of easy looks.
Like Reply
Is DJJ our OG-like solution? I've been saying forever that we need a SF/PF defensive stud who can't be run off the court offensively. DJJ is looking exactly like that.
Like Reply
RC - 3 Guard line up
JKidd - 4 Guard line up

As per usual, Boucher always kills the Mavs
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
this is the game we need dlive the most.

sigh
Like Reply
Grant's shooting is great but I expected a little bit more on defense. Plays smaller than I hoped for. Cannot defend bigger forwards without help in the paint.
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 09:53 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: this is the game we need dlive the most.

sigh

It´s the game that shows we are the same team as last year without him defensively. Completely hopeless protecting the rim and rebounding.
Like Reply
Toronto just look better tonight so far. Mavs aren’t going to win if this is the type of defense they are going to play. Man, really weird how much we miss 19 year old Lively.
Like Reply
Kidd OTA genius...

THJ is -20 for the game. How much longer will they run with lineups where he ends up guarding Siakam?
Like Reply
Just feels like the Luka centric offense when Kyrie sits that the ball stops moving and the offense stagnates.
Like Reply
How is TOR not a top 4 team in the league? Better question: how were they not last year with FVV?
Like Reply
If I am the gm, I am actively looking for a replacement for Kleba. He may be fine this year and get into a groove, but looking a year or two out I don’t think he would be someone you can count on.
Like Reply
im so done with kleber, man.
Like Reply
I don't get how the Mavs can have multiple possession in a row where Kyrie isn't even touching the ball when Luka is on the bench.
Like Reply
Man I love with the aggression Hardy plays with. Sure it can be ugly at times and he needs to learn when to go, but I would rather try to teach someone not to be fearless than the other way.
Like Reply
Wasting 3 roster spots on DNP vets like Curry, Morris, and Holmes is not good! Especially when you're lacking skilled forwards. Jalen McDaniels doesn't even get on the court for Toronto but I'd take him in the rotation here
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply