Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 8: Toronto Raptors (4-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-2) | 127-116 loss
[Image: F-SNvyrXEAA9_-I?format=jpg&name=900x900]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
I think this will be a decent test. I’ve always thought of the Raps as LAC-lite. Bunch of good 2 way forwards that the NBA covets right now. Glad to see them get the JV version before going against the varsity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 11:52 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think this will be a decent test. I’ve always thought of the Raps as LAC-lite. Bunch of good 2 way forwards that the NBA covets right now. Glad to see them get the JV version before going against the varsity.

Good comparison. From afar, it seems like losing their PG has really knocked the raptors down a peg. I'll be interested to see if that holds, of if the Mavs are a good recipe for an opposing offense to get on track.
Like Reply
Lively questionable with a non covid illness tonight.
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 03:22 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Lively questionable with a non covid illness tonight.

Kleber?
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 04:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kleber?

I think he is questionable too.
Like Reply
Have the Mavs players gotten the memo yet?

I.E., the sole purpose of the game against the Raptors is for the players to tap up OG Anunoby. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes RGP1981's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Lively officially out with an illness.

Now this seems like a scheduled loss
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 07:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lively officially out with an illness.

Now this seems like a scheduled loss
At the very least, seems like a career night for Poeltl.
Like Reply
If Holmes doesn't even play at least 10 minutes this game, he's never going to play.
Like Reply
Kleber is available to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
One thing is certain. If 2 great players don’t play well together from the start of their tenure, there’s no way they will ever work. Well, that’s at leadt whst yhe talking heads want you to believe anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
Go under. Protect the rim. Can look pretty bad against great shooters. Can look pretty good against teams like the Raptors. Siakam and Barnes can take as many 3s as they want. That's a win for the Mavs defense.
Like Reply
Usually the worst stretch of the game. But they survived it without giving up the lead. +/- 0 in the THJ/Kyrie minutes to close out the quarter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
green and thj just being clowns right now lol
Like Reply
Crazy game

I am enjoying DJJ at a wing position far more than I expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(11-08-2023, 09:11 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: green and thj just being clowns right now lol

Don't understand why Kyrie isn't the primary ballhandler in those minutes. Shouldn't be them trying to create of the dribble in half court offense. But for whatever reason that isn't happening in the first half.
Like Reply
That super small lineup with no rim protection is not pretty.
Like Reply
THJ is a charge drawing machine

Don’t want to jinx it, but I feel like Luka’s FT’s have looked better so far this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, The Jom
Like Reply
Raptors imposing their will on the game. Slowing things down. Turning it into a grit and grind match. Mavs need to push the pace.
Like Reply