Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 7: Orlando Magic (4-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-1) | 117-102 WIN!!!!!
(11-07-2023, 12:41 AM)The Jom Wrote: Are you one of the Hardaway haters? Easily his best game of the season and possibly calendar year. Efficient scoring (hardly his calling card). Led the team in rebounds on a night when we got badly out rebounded. Second leading scorer. Zero turnovers. Of course he didn’t have the best game. He definitely stepped his game up the most, which is what the Dirkie is all about.

I'm not a Hardaway hater. But he's played well enough in the sixth man role that he didn't exceed my expectations enough to really stand out. This wasn't even his highest scoring or most efficient game of the year. It wasn't even his first 6 rebound game of the year
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(11-07-2023, 09:58 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Pretty sure if I created an nba player in a lab that I thought would be exactly what this roster needed it would come out eerily similar to Paolo Banchero.

Anthony Davis. Minus the injury issues.
Like Reply
(11-07-2023, 09:58 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Pretty sure if I created an nba player in a lab that I thought would be exactly what this roster needed it would come out eerily similar to Paolo Banchero.

So we should be all in on Tobias Harris then?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 11:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Per36 Powell has blocked more shots than Lively. THJ is a more efficient scorer than Kyrie/Hardy/Curry. How do we deal with scapegoats that are outplaying the fan favorites?

DL2 gets all the attention here for his unexpected offensive efficiency paired with impressive defense. And I don’t want to take away from that. The kid is gonna be an all star. But his 1.8 scoring efficiency isn’t an outlier on this team. At the top you have amazing efficiency from:

Luka 1.5 (sc-eff per the worldwide leader in sports)
GW 1.7
DL2 1.8
DP 2.8 (outlier alert)

In the middle, vey strong performances from:

DJJ 1.3
Hardy 1.3
Timmy 1.3
Josh 1.3

Bringing up the caboose:

Slumping Kyrie 1.1
Exum 1.0
Maxi 0.8
Seth 0.8

Maybe it makes more sense than we realize, forcing the ball late in the 4th to our backup center?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-07-2023, 11:43 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Anthony Davis. Minus the injury issues.

I‘d go with Wemby - playing the 4 next to Lively… And would take Giannis over Davis as well.
Like Reply
(11-07-2023, 01:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: So we should be all in on Tobias Harris then?

lol

I view him as a much more offensive minded Aaron Gordon.  Someone who would give us a giant upgrade over what Maxi is giving us today.  I ain't playing Tobias Harris as a small ball center ever.
Like Reply