Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 7: Orlando Magic (4-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-1) | 117-102 WIN!!!!!
[Image: F-Oe3HmWAAA1fU9?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Curious if we get Luka in this one.
Like Reply
I hope Mavs won't, but I will take this one as a scheduled loss. I don't expect them to win. Based on how he looked against Charlotte and Denver, I think Luka will rest. Orlando is a good team. Again a very high team and Mavs paint defense has been really bad last couple of games.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 11:57 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Curious if we get Luka in this one

I'm wondering about Kyrie on back to back also.

Magic has some guys out with injuries too. A Hardy/GWill/Green/Lively/OMax/Exum game could be fun. Until we remember we'd have THJ taking 40 shots in a game like that.
Like Reply
Markelle Fultz, Gary Harris, and Wendell Carter Jr. are out for the @OrlandoMagic’s game against the Mavs.

Jonathan Isaac (sore hamstring) is questionable and will be a game-time decision.

Both Fultz and Harris did light work doing shootaround and are progressing.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I will be unfortunately unable to watch this live due to my own basketball tournament. But I am looking forward to seeing how the Mavs fare on the 2nd night of a back to back. They've historically been awful. Perhaps we see some OMax and Lively continue to has fresh legs.
Like Reply
Bonus game. Hopefully they won't run Luka and Kyrie into the ground. The way Luka moved yesterday he should get a DNP-rest. Not sure about Kyrie. Maybe extra games are exactly what he needs to find his legs.
Like Reply
Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
The Mavericks list Luka Doncic (quad) and Kyrie Irving (foot) as questionable to play against the Magic.
Like Reply
tough one even if we had everyone tonight. I was hoping Kyrie would play and see if we could mimic that game after the trade last year. Without Kyrie and Luka, it is going to be real tough. Even if Orlando is also missing players.

Prediction? I think the only prediction I have is Mavs2021 has at least 3 Goga posts in this thread tonight. ha ha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Magic are a good team. Young and athletic. Ex Mavs asst, Jamal Mosley has done a good job with them. I was a little skeptical if he could coach when he first got the gig. Proved me wrong.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 04:18 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Magic are a good team. Young and athletic.  Ex Mavs asst, Jamal Mosley has done a good job with them. I was a little skeptical if he could coach when he first got the gig. Proved me wrong.

There are fans in Boston that are really skeptical that Bill Belichick can coach, too, and are calling for his head on a platter.

So, maybe after his third NBA championship, this board will calm down about Jason Kidd a bit...
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 04:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: tough one even if we had everyone tonight.  I was hoping Kyrie would play and see if we could mimic that game after the trade last year.  Without Kyrie and Luka, it is going to be real tough.  Even if Orlando is also missing players.

Prediction?  I think the only prediction I have is Mavs2021 has at least 3 Goga posts in this thread tonight.  ha ha.

Seriously need at least two 20pt performances from out of these 5 guys: Hardy, THJ, Green, Lively, Grant. 

If they can get some consistent shooting and production, maybe the Mavs have a shot. Long shot tonight but lets see.
Like Reply
Those are key contributors missing for the Magic. I wouldn’t give up on the good guys just yet.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 04:53 PM)The Jom Wrote: Those are key contributors missing for the Magic. I wouldn’t give up on the good guys just yet.

Franz Wagner and Banchero are who I'm mostly scared of. But I agree, their injury report does spell some hope.

[Image: F-RXwXVXYAAruYJ.jpg?quality=lossless]
Like Reply
I like our chances if Kyrie is able to play. Green, Hardy, Timmy usually look great with him running the show.

Wouldn’t mind seeing all three of Lively/Green/Hardy out there tonight for 30+ minutes each. Heck we might as well give Omax a stint, too. Really nothing to loose.

I just hope Luka sits this one out. He looked seriously hampered last night and played poorly against DEN as well.

Kyrie and Luka will both play, Maxi is a game time decision. Per Grant Afseth.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 04:41 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: There are fans in Boston that are really skeptical that Bill Belichick can coach, too, and are calling for his head on a platter.

So, maybe after his third NBA championship, this board will calm down about Jason Kidd a bit...

Bellichick's legacy is already secure (2nd most wins in NFL history) regardless if it's been tarnished a bit since Brady left. Kidd hasn't even won his 1st as a HC, and it's possible he doesn't get one.
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 05:40 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Bellichick's legacy is already secure (2nd most wins in NFL history) regardless if it's been tarnished a bit since Brady left. Kidd hasn't even won his 1st as a HC, and it's possible he doesn't get one.

From the outside, one would certainly think so!  Yet there's a tremendous outcry amongst Pats fans for his ouster.  

What have you done for me lately...

Fans are only a couple of losses away from proclaiming you the worst coach ever, at any moment in time. Fickle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(11-06-2023, 06:47 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: From the outside, one would certainly think so!  Yet there's a tremendous outcry amongst Pats fans for his ouster.  

What have you done for me lately...

More like what have you done without Brady. Not a fan of either but Bellichick's legacy took a self inflicted hit in the post Brady years. A little bit like Phil Jackson with the Knicks. Without the best talent in the league he didn't look nearly as good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
This is 100% looking like the first-quarter whistle thing where they help the visiting team out then pull the rug out from under em. Ridiculous Magic second-half run incoming.

Edit: maybe not now that they’ve taken the lead.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Now it gets interesting. Lively and Powell in foul trouble against a really big team.
Like Reply