Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 6: Charlotte Hornets (2-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (5-1) | 124-118 WIN!!!!!!!
Giving up 62 to the Hornets?
Like Reply
Oh how I wish I could be in that locker room right now to yell at these dudes. I would say anyone who complains to the refs is getting benched. I dont give a shit. I'm so sick and tired of this moaning and bitching.

Absolute pussies.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • donzingis38, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Regression to the mean. Mavs looked good when they made more 3s than expected. Today we get an idea how they look when they aren't making 3s.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 08:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Regression to the mean. Mavs looked good when they made more 3s than expected. Today we get an idea how they look when they aren't making 3s.

To be fair, all teams go through slumps shooting 3's. Just have to hope those slumps aren't very often.
Like Reply
no excuses. come out guns blazing to start the 3rd. this mavs team can't lose to this hornets team again after last season.

the only positive is kyrie started the game aggressively.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Hilarious that the offseason message "We cannot rely on the 3" always results in a team that is taking more 3s than ever before.
Like Reply
Im about to shotgun a redbull to make the Mavs have a fire under their butt. Will report back with results
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 08:43 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: To be fair, all teams go through slumps shooting 3's. Just have to hope those slumps aren't very often.

Difference is that a good team can find different ways to win games. Defend (don't give up 60+ to the Hornets), rebound, score in the paint, get to the FT line. Shooting slumps happen but somehow the Mavs only response is to chuck up even more 3s.
Like Reply
As I was saying, JKidd would win enough for him not to get fired.
If the shots fall, the Mavs would look competitive.
But that's fool's gold.

Kidd only has one strategy during the course of one season, he'd implement it with a little changes.
Like Reply
Their starting lineup might legitimately be more talented than our best lineup. It’s certainly more balanced.

LaMelo = stud 
Miller = stud in the making
Gordon = always a terrific wing when healthy 
PJ = darn good bucket getter
Williams = productive young big

Tons of size, shooting, everyone from 1 to 4 can create his shot and score from the midrange/inside/three. That’s a sneakily good group. Not sure why they even bothered to start Rozier over Miller. Dude’s a Paul George starter kit.

Sure we got Luka and Kyrie but Charlotte might have five of the top 7 guys on the court.
Like Reply
If you lose to an injured Hornets team on a back to back on your home court then your team is screwed. I refuse to believe the Mavs won’t figure this game out.
Like Reply
Super frustrating: Green started the game aggressive, immediately took a three at the top of the key but missed then got to the FT line only to miss both attempts.

Then it went all downhill from there. Hardaway also ice cold, Hardy missed all his FGs, Luka looks hampered. Rough first half.
Like Reply
Luka doesn't have it tonight
Like Reply
This is what I mean when I talk about mismatches. Without any switches. Just because the opposing team has multiple long and athletic players. Kyrie is defending Miller.
Like Reply
Yeah Luka is hurt. Dude is limping out there.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 08:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Difference is that a good team can find different ways to win games. Defend (don't give up 60+ to the Hornets), rebound, score in the paint, get to the FT line. Shooting slumps happen but somehow the Mavs only response is to chuck up even more 3s.

True.
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 08:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah Luka is hurt. Dude is limping out there.

Apparently no reason to call a timeout or foul. Do they even have a coach?
Like Reply
(11-05-2023, 08:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Apparently no need to call a timeout or foul. Do they even have a coach?

Luka just waived off Timmy too. Blind leading the blind.
Like Reply
Terrible transition D from Luka.
Like Reply
Luka is obviously fucked and I admire his willingness to play through it, but c'mon dude. Sit. You don't got it
Like Reply