Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 4: Chicago Bulls (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (4-0) | 105-114 WIN!!!!!
(11-03-2023, 09:36 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This boards obsession with Green becoming a star is so strange, being a good role player is totally fine.

One of our biggest issues in terms of roster construction was that our role players playing huge minutes in DFS/Bullock couldn't do ANYTHING other than spot up shoot.  Green/Williams just having an ounce of ability to put the ball on the floor just makes the overall offense that much more dynamic.  I mean, I loved DFS as much as anyone but we got so used to his game that Grant Williams using a simple escape dribble to get open in the corners makes him look like Allen Iverson out there.  And obviously there were nights where Bullock was simply doing cardio out there so anything Green gives us his a huge upgrade in my opinion.

Speaking of God King, did cow leave the board?

He got in a tiff with Gump a while ago and never posted again.  It did not seem like that big of a deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • ballsrchr, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 09:40 AM)mvossman Wrote: He got in a tiff with Gump a while ago and never posted again.  It did not seem like that big of a deal.

Bummer.  Feels like we get a lot of drama here for an internet forum but I guess that happens with a small group where you start to learn folks personality more than on a platform like Reddit or Twitter.

Just looked a his last login and it was July.  Also I had never looked at that info and it's interesting to see a lot of folks who still login regularly who used to post all the time but no longer do.  I work from home and am on my computer all day so I keep this open just so I don't lose my mind looking at spreadsheets.  I'm lucky where it's easy to engage so maybe their situations are just different now and all they can do is follow along and read.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 09:48 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I work from home and am on my computer all day so I keep this open just so I don't lose my mind looking at spreadsheets.  I'm lucky where it's easy to engage so maybe their situations are just different now and all they can do is follow along and read.

Same.
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 09:48 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Bummer.  Feels like we get a lot of drama here for an internet forum but I guess that happens with a small group where you start to learn folks personality more than on a platform like Reddit or Twitter.

It doesn't help when the team is having a terrible dysfunctional season.  Seems like we lost more regular posters this last year than we did in the previous several years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(11-02-2023, 11:52 AM)Moviemavguy Wrote: He doesn't play well with Luka at least on offense.  Something just isn't right between the two.

I think it is the natural speed at which each plays.  In this case JG needs to learn how to play at Luka's speed without losing the benefits of his (JG) natural speed.

I would like to see Luka move the ball faster, but he can do that with passing.
Like Reply
I miss my bovine pal.

That is all.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(11-03-2023, 11:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I miss my bovine pal.

That is all.

no CowCow?  Cry
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply