Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!!
(10-31-2023, 09:25 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Given what Hardy showed this summer and in this game, I'm beginning to be concerned that this is going to become a major Roddy B situation - we're going to be pissed they didn't trade him this summer when his value was highest.

Whoa man, watch your tongue.
Like Reply
It's like the Mavs have scratched a couple of numbers off their Hardy lottery ticket, and now the ceiling is lower, so the ticket is less valuable.

Both to them, and to a potential trade partner.
Like Reply
The only bad thing from this W is the fact, that the DDJ-experiment will continue. It is not the end of the world since he is not closing games anyway but I really don't get why Kidd won't let Green start. At least he has a consistent jumpshot and upside, DDJ has been the same sub-par nba player for a couple of years now. Maxi has looked slow but Grant Williams is a great signing in my book. Our new Center looks promising and I expect a lot of quick growth - even Kidd saw that he ist the best option as a starter and that says it all.

"ice, Ice, Ice"... lol. What a defensive scheme.
Like Reply
I don't even think last night was a bad Lively game. He just got into foul trouble. A few of those fouls are plays he will need to learn from. But I thought he was solid when in the game for the short time he was. I expect much rougher performances. I am glad Kidd started him in the second half and brought him back in the fourth. Being on the court is the only way he will learn to play through foul trouble.

Hardy will either look terrible or great depending on if he makes his shots. When he is making his shots, it can hide his defensive short comings. When his shots are off it can look pretty bad. He is going to look for his shot regardless. There is a happy medium between being aggressive and letting the game come to you. I am glad Kidd gave him a small run in the second half. One thing about Kidd is he gives his players real chances. He typically does not have a quick hook or have a one and done chance. Probably why players like playing for him. I don't think Jones Jr starting is going to work, but he is going to give Jones Jr a good chance to prove he can stay in the rotation. Back to Hardy, I think both THJ and Seth are the better fit currently. This is coming from a huge Hardy fan. He will just need to wait his time. When he gets his chance, he will need to take advantage of them. He did last year.

Memphis looks like they will be in trouble. Bane is really good. JJJ is also really good. But it appears he is much better playing next to a center than being one himself most of the time. Way too much shooting from Marcus Smart to my liking. They have several youngster who are still finding their footing. Tillman was one of my favorites in the draft a few years ago. Seeing him try to score last night was painful. He is probably best as a second or third center who isn't asked to take on a scoring load.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL, mvossman
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 11:25 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't know that I'm as worried as you in a "the sky is falling" sort of way, but I do think Hardy is the "good" asset I'd be thinking about shopping, given all of the constants. Green is needed here, and since Hardy clearly isn't, I'd rather cash in on him than '27, if there's an opportunity to do so to make sense. Definitely wouldn't trade him just to trade him, because you never know what's down the road.

I'm to the point now where I would be willing to send Hardy in Caruso trade if Chicago blows it up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 01:45 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm to the point now where I would be willing to send Hardy in Caruso trade if Chicago blows it up.

I'd do that, too. You're giving up a lot in age, and there's certainly some offensive upside going out the door, but unless they're planning to move Kyrie this year or next, I'm not really seeing much of a role here for Hardy to flourish into.
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 01:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'd do that, too. You're giving up a lot in age, and there's certainly some offensive upside going out the door, but unless they're planning to move Kyrie this year or next, I'm not really seeing much of a role here for Hardy to flourish into.

If they send out Timmy in a trade he becomes your potential 6th man off the bench.  Not sure he is ready to fill that role yet, and to be honest he makes Timmy look like Caruso defensively.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 01:01 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I just have a feeling this one isn't going to be as easy as it should be.

I'll scream if Derrick Jones Jr. is starting again

You screamed because you knew that three times is the charm and he was going to kill it?
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 05:27 PM)Knutsen Wrote: You screamed because you knew that three times is the charm and he was going to kill it?

Is anyone ACTUALLY fooled to believe this version was the real DJJ and not his first two games with the Mavs (which mimicked  his whole career up to this point)?
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 05:40 PM)meistermatze Wrote: Is anyone ACTUALLY fooled to believe this version was the real DJJ and not his first two games with the Mavs (which mimicked  his whole career up to this point)?

Okay. I think I understand the logic:

1. It’s blindingly obvious that Player 1 should be playing (starting/more minutes/finishing) instead of Player 2 .

2. Kidd isn’t doing what is blindingly obvious to me.

3. Therefore, Kidd is an idiot and a horrible coach. And a wife beater.
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 10:23 PM)chaparral Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 09:48 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Do you have a direct subscription with them?

Im basically paying Fubo $90 a month just for that one channel.

Did you see the game via Fubo tonight?  Balley App is 19.99 a month but like KL said, it is still down.

Yea, Fubo worked. I’ve heard Bally app crashes often.
Like Reply
You all getting a little carried away with the Hardy talk. It was his first game of the year and only DJJ shot the ball better than Hardy from 3 in this game. That´s his make or break shot. Given how far away he looked in the G-League it´s been a huge positive and his rookie season has certainly raised expectations. I already said this during SL. Let him be a scorer first and then the passing will follow naturally like it did with Brunson. Defensively I´m more worried, but we are at the start of year two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 05:27 PM)Knutsen Wrote: You screamed because you knew that three times is the charm and he was going to kill it?

Now I did say that before I knew Kyrie was out. My main issue with it was that Green should probably be starting and I think not starting him is making him force things. Though if DJJ can continue to shoot like that... 

With Kyrie out Green started so I had less of a problem with it
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
I think Kidd is bringing Green off the bench to try to get him more aggressive and he is failing miserably on the offensive end to me. He's a winning player, a hustle player, and someone every team needs, but his offense is inconsistent. He has the capability, but he doesn't produce. I think everyone disappointed in Green not starting should probably look more at Green than Kidd. Being able to shoot 40% from 3 is great, but not really a true indicator if you aren't willing to pull the trigger anytime you're open. I bet he would be in the low to mid 30s if he was a volume 3 point shooter.
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 05:40 PM)meistermatze Wrote: Is anyone ACTUALLY fooled to believe this version was the real DJJ and not his first two games with the Mavs (which mimicked  his whole career up to this point)?

Two in a row - we‘ll see where he‘ll end up. I like what I‘m seeing from him because he‘s kind of a glue guy that fits very well and plays under control on both ends.
Like Reply