Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3: Memphis Grizzlies (0-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-0) | 110-125 WIN!!!!!!
[Image: F9ofzVPWkAASUGI?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Last year this game would make me nervous, but this year it's 3-0 ALL THE WAY!
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Important (in my opinion) to take advantage of two teams in disarray before we get to Denver on Friday. Would love to see a Kyrie explosion tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 09:47 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Important (in my opinion) to take advantage of two teams in disarray before we get to Denver on Friday.  Would love to see a Kyrie explosion tonight.

This 1000% 

Kyrie needs a big game to shake off his rusty start. Memphis is having a rough go to start the season.

I need to see a 30min Lively game with a 20/20 double double from him for it to be the cherry on top  Big Grin
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dmavs4life03, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Potential wounded animal game. O-3 coming off a terrible wizzards loss. I expect a lot of fight from the Grizzlies.
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 10:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Potential wounded animal game. O-3 coming off a terrible wizzards loss. I expect a lot of fight from the Grizzlies.

I immediately thought TRAP GAME - cue
https://images.app.goo.gl/ncDFHMJiEGNRXqCj6
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
MEM is definitely short handed, but it seems like this is when some 3rd stringer decides it's time to go off for a career night.

Hoping Kidd doesn't see this as a game to do something weird with the lineup or rotation.
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 11:39 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Hoping Kidd doesn't see this as a game to do something weird with the lineup or rotation.

Oh do I have bad news for you
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/grantafseth/status/1...69283?s=46

Jaden Hardy last one getting up shots in Memphis. He's not on the injury report for this game. He's had an ankle injury but I'm not sure if he was on the injury report last game.
Like Reply
I just have a feeling this one isn't going to be as easy as it should be.

I'll scream if Derrick Jones Jr. is starting again
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 10:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Potential wounded animal game.  O-3 coming off a terrible wizzards loss.  I expect a lot of fight from the Grizzlies.

Absolutely right. The question is "will any amount of fight matter?" I don't know the answer, but I feel like if both teams (in their current states) are playing as hard and as focused as the can, the Mavs win. So, I suppose this game might illuminate some things about the maturity/professionalism of the current Mavs group, at least to start the season.
Like Reply
Kyrie is questionable with a foot. If he doesn't go, I really hope we see some Hardy. Either with Luka or with a Exum/Josh. I
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Iztok has some tweets (is that still accurate?) about the game tonight. Made mention with JJJ that starting both Lively and Jones is really not a good idea. We will see if our Svengali agrees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
@GrantAfseth
Dallas Mavericks Injury Report vs. Memphis Grizzlies:

Kyrie Irving - questionable (left foot sprain)
Greg Brown III - out (G League two-way)
Dexter Dennis - out (G League two-way)
A.J. Lawson - out (G League two-way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=OZ_eSJBTWkk&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnba%2Fmavericks%2Fnews%2Fdallas-mavs-watch-full-shootaround-memphis-grizzlies&feature=emb_logo

Pregame shootaround courtesy of Grant Afseth. Lots of interesting little moments.
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 02:37 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Iztok has some tweets (is that still accurate?) about the game tonight.  Made mention with JJJ that starting both Lively and Jones is really not a good idea.  We will see if our Svengali agrees.

Its hard to think of a time when its ever a good idea to play them together on the court.  Jones is much more suited to small ball second units.
Like Reply
Kyrie officially ruled out per Stein.
Like Reply
More shots for THJ! Let's see if he can actually get above 40% from the field
Like Reply
Can you all imagine how vociferously Timmy will pout if he doesn't start this game with Kai out?
Like Reply
With Kyrie out, Green needs to step in. If he gets to be the Green version who'd drive the lane to only pass it to the perimeter -- this team is bound for a loss. Would be a good game for Josh Green to show up.
Like Reply
(10-30-2023, 06:37 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Can you all imagine how vociferously Timmy will pout if he doesn't start this game with Kai out?

I’ve found him to be very professional. They tried so hard to dump him, very publicly, all summer long, and he’s showing up doing his job. Cut him some slack.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply