Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.45%
1 3.45%
40+
6.90%
2 6.90%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
89.66%
26 89.66%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
I think they're all really smart re basketball. They're just in a competition against a bunch of other smart people. There are different kinds of smart, though. Some coaches don't seem to be relationship smart. Or at least, they aren't great at dealing with all the different personality types.

But, hey, join the club.

Avery is a good example. He's basketball smart. He's even people smart, when you look at how loved he was during his playing career. But he got to a point in coaching (based on reporting from some folks with inside knowledge), where the little general couldn't take feedback from others any longer. Again, according to some insiders, he seemed to feel threatened by Del Harris and ended up losing a valuable resource. As his coaching career progressed, he got worse in this regard. He got outcoached by Pat Riley and Don Nelson and didn't seem to learn from that.

Sorry. Long ramble on a simple point. Fans seem to think coaches are stupid and players are lazy bums. Neither is true of course. They're just competing against a collection of other "best in the business" folks.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I think the defensive adjustments combined with 3 high level defenders in DJJ/Gafford/Lively seeing higher minutes has really boosted the net yield for this team. Give Kidd some credit. I still believe we are WEAK when it comes to BLOOB and SLOOB sets. It seems as if we are just happy to get the ball in play rather than attacking the defense and trying to score. This is especially true of BLOOB sets, you want to either score OR force the defense into a compromised alignment from guarding the set play and then attack with a quick hitter as the D tries to recover (the old most dangerous man is the in-bounder concept). Carlisle is the absolute best at this. Kidd is a much better defensive coach, but the net favors Rick over the long term.
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 10:46 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Seems like he's doing okay lately.

Crazy how coaches get smarter when their teams win more, eh?

Doesn't seem like you followed the conversation very closely.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
According to Stein, an offseason extension for Kidd seems likely.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
From ESPN:

"J's done a great job," Harrison said of Kidd. "I honestly think he's the best coach to lead this team. I think having the two stars that we have, close your eyes and pick whoever you want, you're not going to find a better fit."
Like Reply