Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid-Level targets
Not an MLE candidate, but I wonder if Dennis Lindsey’s relationship with Ingles would make him a BAE candidate.  Probably have to make it more attractive than just going back to Milwaukee on a minimum.  It would be nice to have his ball handing on the second unit.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, Okstate819
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 10:21 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Not an MLE candidate, but I wonder if Dennis Lindsey’s relationship with Ingles would make him a BAE candidate.  Probably have to make it more attractive than just going back to Milwaukee on a minimum.  It would be nice to have his ball handing on the second unit.

Mentioned him another thread.  He'd be great for our second unit.  The guy just makes the right plays all the time and shoots the three at a high clip.  Also his second year coming off that injury.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Hypermav, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 10:21 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Not an MLE candidate, but I wonder if Dennis Lindsey’s relationship with Ingles would make him a BAE candidate.  Probably have to make it more attractive than just going back to Milwaukee on a minimum.  It would be nice to have his ball handing on the second unit.

That would be a great get at the BAE.
Like Reply
Thought this was a good write up on some guys for under or part of the MLE.  Mav’s mentioned as teams that should be interested in two of them…

https://sdpn.ca/2023/06/26/2023-nba-free...more-love/
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Jakeospikez, MFFL
Like Reply
DSJ would be a neat homecoming but I think he and the Hornets will probably working something out as they value him and they helped save his career.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Trey Lyles had some nice playoff minutes vs the Warriors, not a bad target.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 10:52 AM)cow Wrote: Mentioned him another thread.  He'd be great for our second unit.  The guy just makes the right plays all the time and shoots the three at a high clip.  Also his second year coming off that injury.

Yep saw that reply.

Ingles is slower than Luka, my first thought is that it wouldn't be good to have him and Luka together.
This is a concern for me since I'd start him over THJ and most certainly over Bullock. 

But on second thought, Ingles would be amazing on this team.
He's a tough dude. A real one.
His toughness could rub off on the kids, and most specially Josh.
I'd bet Ingles would be on his ear a lot and that could propel JG to another level.
Being potentially influential to the kids alone is a big reason to get him.

Ingles doesn't back down. Not sure how that translates with team mates.
Maybe he'd be that guy to tell Luka to stop whining all the time.
Maybe he'd hold Luka accountable for missed defensive assignments.
If Ingles does this, you'd know if Luka truly is a winning player or just a talented diva.

Ingles would be a good get.
Even if he ends up being a towel waver (which I think he won't).
Like Reply
As a reminder, Trey Lyles was originally reported to be part of the Mavs trade for JJ Redick. Something happened, and he was eventually replaced with Melli. So maybe there are still some Lyles fans left in the scouting department.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 07:57 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Trey Lyles had some nice playoff minutes vs the Warriors, not a bad target.

This team needs a stretch 4 badly.
I don't see how DP comes back when a guy like Lyles is available.
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 07:30 PM)cow Wrote: DSJ would be a neat homecoming but I think he and the Hornets will probably working something out as they value him and they helped save his career.

DSJ for the BAE would be such a neat get.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Lyles as a veteran that knows how to fit in on any team and produce results is slightly ahead of PJ Washington for me with the big PF/SF type wings but Watanabe and Diop are also worth adding for little money.

OMP Is going to be special and I just hope we can find takers for a lot more guys than McGee and THJ.

Bullock is expiring and may get us something in trade as should a S&T for Wood and or Powell.

Holmes is questionable given how long he has sat idle.

Low cost centers like Azabuike and especially Yurtseven who can also play PF to shoot 3's look like nice 3rd string centers with upside that could be worth trying if they are no longer restricted as rumors have said.

Still need to find a taker to get rid of McGee.

Assuming Holmes regains his game, we can always build up his value to trade him at the TDL or decide to keep him. Personally I pencil him in as a PF behind OMP who should get a lot of minutes at the 3 making it necessary to play him more at the 4.

The latest rumor that NOP is shopping Jonas Valanciunas is interesting and if we could get out of McGee's deal some how even if it meant stretch waving him to clear space I would want to see what it would take to win JVAL in a trade. THJ is a piece that costs more so maybe we use that elsewhere and that may impact their cap too negatively for them to want to take that on. Maybe Bullock and JaValle works for JVal. Anything would work if we were not sending any of our top 6 guys: Luka, Irving, Hardy, Green, O Max, and Lively.

I wonder who they are targeting to play center for NOP. If he gets shopped then obviously a PG as well as another center is on their shopping list and so a 3rd team may be required to make that happen. They could want one of our developmental PG's and maybe they feel their younger center is about to break out. Maybe they think with Zion they can use others as small ball centers since Zion may give them extra bang for the buck to use as a defensive force on 5's. 

DSJ. is interesting for defense but we have some interesting rookies developing that can shoot 3's and score well if Miles can convince us he can defend and Jelly can show he can still score with his game translating at the next level then that is lots of fun to watch happen and with other teams wanting PG's and- needing help there is nothing wrong about finding talent and developing it with a buy low sell high approach.

Luka
Irving
Hardy
Green
O Max
Lively
____________TOP 6
Kleber
Holmes
THJ
Bullock
McGee ________Trade bait provided the replacement is rotation worthy.

That is our core but if we can snag a PJ Washington or Trey Lyles then ditching a couple of guys from the trade bait list needs to happen so maybe THJ and or Bullock get moved and if we could trade for J Val then him plus any one of PJ or Lyles gets us the depth and improvement to make us a contender in my book. That is your playoff rotation.
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 05:47 PM)MFFL Wrote: I thought it would be nice to have a thread combine our candidates for the MLE. My estimation is that we need a wing - preferable a big wing. Who do you think we will sign?

Probably or definitely out of our price range
• Miles Bridges
• Dillon Brooks
Bruce Brown Pacers
Jerami Grant Portland
Cam Johnson Nets
Kyle Kuzma Wizards
• P.J. Washington

Maybes
Harrison Barnes Kings
• Jae Crowder
Rui Hachimura Lakers
• Matisse Thybulle
• Grant Williams

Crossed off the ones who are gone after the first 2 hours of free agency. Did I miss anyone?

I’m scared we’re going to end up with Dillon Brooks…
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:35 PM)soog Wrote: Crossed off the ones who are gone after the first 2 hours of free agency. Did I miss anyone?

I’m scared we’re going to end up with Dillon Brooks…

I really want Dillon Brooks, but I'd be happy with everyone on that list except Crowder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
PJ Washington being still out there is kind of interesting…doubt he’ll have to settle for the MLE, but still.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, soog
Like Reply
Bridges, Washington, Thybulle, & Williams are all RFA

That's hard to work with unfortunately
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, soog
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: PJ Washington being still out there is kind of interesting…doubt he’ll have to settle for the MLE, but still.

Yeah, PJ Washington is probably the only one left that still excites me.

(06-30-2023, 07:51 PM)MFFL Wrote: Bridges, Washington, Thybulle, & Williams are all RFA

That's hard to work with unfortunately

Yeah, that’s why I’m scared we’ll end up with Dillon Brooks…..
[-] The following 2 users Like soog's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
I get not liking Brooks trash talk, but I don't know how anyone could be disappointed if somehow the Mavs sign him. They never get decent free agents. We can't be super picky.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:12 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I get not liking Brooks trash talk, but I don't know how anyone could be disappointed if somehow the Mavs sign him. They never get decent free agents. We can't be super picky.

Should be harder to take horrible contested shots with Luka and Kyrie here so that's a plus
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 08:12 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I get not liking Brooks trash talk, but I don't know how anyone could be disappointed if somehow the Mavs sign him. They never get decent free agents. We can't be super picky.

I like Brooks. He's young and he plays tough D. I think he might prosper in a new environment.

I certainly like him better than Crowder and I'm not a big fan of chasing players who are restricted.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
With how this free agency period has gone, Brooks would probably be a good deal if we could land him, all else considered.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply