Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: SAC trades Holmes+Prosper to Mavs
OMP on The Ticket, "I can improve this team's defense..."
"Just met Derrick, we embraced and said Teammates!"
[-] The following 5 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • AgGiE1991, BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Tyler
Like Reply
I'm (dare I say) shocked with draft night from Dallas. I couldn't be happier with the moves they have made.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 2 users Like audiosway's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:41 PM)audiosway Wrote: I'm (dare I say) shocked with draft night from Dallas. I couldn't be happier with the moves they have made.
That’s a good word for it: shock. We have a young core of Luka, Lively, O-Max, Green, Hardy lol and could add to that. What a dramatic turnaround
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, Tyler
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am unprepared for that. I don't understand your fascination with this useless, terrible basketball player.

BTW, SH...I think I figured out who you are in real life. Initials are MB.

My reasons of my fascination for Dominayton will soon be clear as soon as he dons a Mavs jersey and fulfills his destiny as Luka's number 3. 

Also sorry to disappoint KL but you're off on my initials. Not sure if we've had the pleasure yet of meeting outside of the cyberworld.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 12:06 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Also sorry to disappoint KL but you're off on my initials. Not sure if we've had the pleasure yet of meeting outside of the cyberworld.

Nice try, Mike.
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 12:15 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nice try, Mike.

[Image: EucCtkzXEAEDVNe?format=jpg&name=medium]
[Image: EucCtkyXMAAcAuP?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EucCtkzXcAEXpfq?format=jpg&name=small]

***Also not Mike. But seriously nice try Smile
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 12:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: ***Also not Mike. But seriously nice try Smile

whatever you say, Mr. Bacsik.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
So, will Sacramento be getting a pick from us? Or cash? Several teams have already traded 2030 picks
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 12:28 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: So, will Sacramento be getting a pick from us? Or cash? Several teams have already traded 2030 picks

Hopefully just the rights to some old European player from a decade ago
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 12:28 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: So, will Sacramento be getting a pick from us? Or cash? Several teams have already traded 2030 picks

Pretty sure the full trade is just Holmes+OMP for air. Mavs get OMP for taking on Holmes for free.

Hell must've frozen over because the Mavs actually used a TPE and got an asset out of it. AND the player they got could fill a serious need.
Like Reply
Like I said in the draft thread, I love the move. Even though I don't know much about Prosper yet and will not count on Holmes until we see otherwise. He may not have much left. But if he does, that is just a cherry on the top.
Like Reply
KOC apparently said that Boston really wanted OMP at #25. That´s why they started the whole trade down shenanigans afterwards. Sorry about your damn luck. Tongue

(06-23-2023, 06:16 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Like I said in the draft thread, I love the move.  Even though I don't know much about Prosper yet and will not count on Holmes until we see otherwise.    He may not have much left.  But if he does, that is just a cherry on the top.

I think Holmes will be fine in a back-up role. He is not old enough, 29, and hasn´t made enough NBA money to quit on his next contract.
Like Reply
I didn't know much about Holmes before the trade, but looking at his history he seems to be effective when he's on the court. That said, given the number of games he played the 3 seasons he was the starter from 2019-2021 (44, 61, 45) it looks like staying healthy might be a problem for him. Hopefully he can come in and give the Mavs a good 20 minutes a night until Lively has time to develop.
Like Reply
No expectations but if Holmes has something left in the tank his pick and roll game is even better than Powell´s. Incredible touch on push shots/floaters within 10-12 feet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I like the trade. Holmes will probably be a hard worker (worked his way from SRP and through the GLeague to becoming a starter). Hope he becomes the reclamation we all hope for him. Can’t count on that and even at his peak, he was a questionable starter. C by committee with Holmes/Lively/Kleber doesn’t look too bad. If Holmes is slotted to start and Powell is on roster, I give it about 7 games for Powell to start again in all honesty.
Like Reply
Just as a thought. What would it take to inlcude Vezenkov´s draft rights?
Like Reply
What matters is that the Mavs got their player and he fits the profile of what they need. The only red flag is that it took him three years to make an impact in college. I would have gone with the younger Miller who was impactful this season, but still has two years to develop to be on the same timeline as OMax. I like the pick, but we got a guy closer to his ceiling. We’ll know pretty early about whether he can help.
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 07:14 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just as a thought. What would it take to inlcude Vezenkov´s draft rights?

[Image: desmaio-desmaiando.gif]

I wanted the Mavs to draft him so bad. I think he dropped to something like #52 and became EuroLeague MVP, if I´m not mistaken.
Like Reply
(06-23-2023, 07:25 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: [Image: desmaio-desmaiando.gif]

I wanted the Mavs to draft him so bad. I think he dropped to something like #52 and became EuroLeague MVP, if I´m not mistaken.

He only makes 1.6m in Greece and his contract has a buyout clause for the NBA in the 1-1.5m range. Would be suprised if the Kings aren´t trying to to bring him over. Screams BAE or split-MLE target to me. One of the best shooters in europe. Doing most of his damage off the ball. As a screener or coming around screens to get open.
Like Reply
Finding Holmes highlights from the past year is pretty tricky. He really fell out of their rotation. I believe this is the one game he started this past year. The video is a little choppy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QrAymkEO2E
Like Reply