Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: SAC trades Holmes+Prosper to Mavs
Sacramento is selecting Olivier-Maxence Prosper at No. 24 and trading him to Dallas: https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1yNGaNBpADrJj

Kings are sending Holmes into the Traded Player Exception created with the OKC trade.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Maxcence Prosper is that modern, switchable 4...that "Jerami Grant type" that this team has been needing.

I really like this pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
Three initial defenders thrive in Dallas.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 09:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maxcence Prosper is that modern, switchable 4...that "Jerami Grant type" that this team has been needing.

I really like this pick.

I barely did any research on OMP.

But just looking at his physicals: 6'8, 7'1 wingspan. 230 pounds. Me likey
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Al Farouq Aminu DRAFT COMBINE MEASUREMENTS

Weight: 216 LBS

Height without shoes: 6-foot-7.25

Height with shoes: 6-foot-8.5

Standing reach: 9-foot-0.5

Hand width: 9.5 inches

Hand length: 9.5 inches

Wingspan: 7-foot-3.25
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1...50592?s=20

Richaun Holmes has a trade bonus worth $1.8M that will adjust his 2023-24 salary to $13.9M.

Dallas will have $3.1M remaining from their newly created trade exception.

Mavericks $52M below the tax with 10 players. Plenty of room to re-sign Kyrie Irving and use the $12.4M MLE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1...50592?s=20

Richaun Holmes has a trade bonus worth $1.8M that will adjust his 2023-24 salary to $13.9M.

Dallas will have $3.1M remaining from their newly created trade exception.

Mavericks $52M below the tax with 10 players. Plenty of room to re-sign Kyrie Irving and use the $12.4M MLE.
Okay so the TPE is probably out as a tool. Buy a pick. MJ needs some gambling cash.
Like Reply
Looks like a great on ball defender but he only blocked 3, 4 and then 5 total shots in his college years which is really weird for a big wing. Usually block numbers go down from college to the NBA but I that looks like it'd be pretty difficult to do.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:14 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Looks like a great on ball defender but he only blocked 3, 4 and then 5 total shots in his college years which is really weird for a big wing. Usually block numbers go down from college to the NBA but I that looks like it'd be pretty difficult to do.

He's going to be guarding guards, tbh, if he gets time. 

They need a forward who can guard the ball, since Luka is an on-ball player who can only guard 4's and slow 3's. I'm telling you, this is the animal they need. I'd like to see three more of them on the roster, honestly.
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Watching highlights. Love how he uses pump fakes around the rim and the turns on the athleticism for easy finishes. He's also built like a tank.
Like Reply
Exactly the type of player we needed. Hopefully he's ready to come right in and be a rotation guy
Like Reply
He looks like a bigger, faster Jared Vanderbilt
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I told some guys before the draft that I would take guys from Connecticut or Marquette if given the choice... so yeah I am jazzed about this deal. I even like Holmes as a rehab project, IF we are no longer paying McGee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:45 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I told some guys before the draft that I would take guys from Connecticut or Marquette if given the choice... so yeah I am jazzed about this deal. I even like Holmes as a rehab project, IF we are no longer paying McGee.

Yeah, the cherry on top of this, for me, would be a package that somehow turns McGee into a useful rotation player.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, the cherry on top of this, for me, would be a package that somehow turns McGee into a useful rotation player.

Going to borrow your phraseology:

Bullock (or THJ)+McGee for Deandre Ayton.

BE PREPARED
Like Reply
Cavs select Bates. Come on Nico, now you do Allen + Bates for THJ + 2027 unprotected.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Going to borrow your phraseology:

BE PREPARED

I am unprepared for that. I don't understand your fascination with this useless, terrible basketball player.

BTW, SH...I think I figured out who you are in real life. Initials are MB.
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

BE PREPARED

BTW, I have no issue if this happens.  Just don’t think it will.  If you do the math combining this with our open trades, Reggie/McGee for Collins is a fit financially (but no MLE if we do that).
Like Reply

BE PREPARED

I'm not sure why the Suns would do this trade.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:45 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: . . . I even like Holmes as a rehab project, IF we are no longer paying McGee.

With the player option, Holmes is essentially playing for a new contract both years we have him. That’s another reason to take the chance. But who is this new owner willing to bankroll flyers?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply