Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would be your perfect Mavs draft outcome?
(06-18-2023, 05:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Unlike most of the FOs in this league, the Mavs have run out of excuses. They either hit on this draft - wherever they draft - or off with their heads.

Who could Mark Cuban fire that you feel confident that Mark Cuban would replace with a better candidate?  I don't see any urgency or standard of excellence for this franchise.  I think Cuban saw the Mavs as a vehicle for his own fame and influence and now that he has a level of fame separate from the team he just doesn't have the same commitment and interest level.  I think he's perfectly happy having a mediocre franchise because it is profitable and he sees it now as just a part of his financial portfolio and doesn't take the teams success or failure personally.
[-] The following 2 users Like Benskix2's post:
  • Dahlsim, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 10:14 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: Who could Mark Cuban fire that you feel confident that Mark Cuban would replace with a better candidate?  I don't see any urgency or standard of excellence for this franchise.  I think Cuban saw the Mavs as a vehicle for his own fame and influence and now that he has a level of fame separate from the team he just doesn't have the same commitment and interest level.  I think he's perfectly happy having a mediocre franchise because it is profitable and he sees it now as just a part of his financial portfolio and doesn't take the teams success or failure personally.

I wish he would just step back and let someone else run it but to me it seems like his level of control is even more now than even when Donnie was here
Hopefully I'm wrong about that and Nico pulls off some magic moves in the next few weeks
Like Reply
10 and Bertans for 11 and Isaac
11 and THJ for Capela and 15 plus Hawks Sac 2024 FRP
Opens up future draft picks to trade
Trade McGee, Green, Reggie, Pinson and 2025/27 for OG
Draft Wallace or Hawkins at 15
Luka
Kyrie
OG
Isaac
Capela

Hardy
Wallace
Maxi
Powell (lifer)
Lawson

I would like to drop down one more time to get Olynyk but I might miss out on Hawkins or Wallace. Olynyk to replace Powell.
eh it won't happen.
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 10:14 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: Who could Mark Cuban fire that you feel confident that Mark Cuban would replace with a better candidate?  I don't see any urgency or standard of excellence for this franchise.  I think Cuban saw the Mavs as a vehicle for his own fame and influence and now that he has a level of fame separate from the team he just doesn't have the same commitment and interest level.  I think he's perfectly happy having a mediocre franchise because it is profitable and he sees it now as just a part of his financial portfolio and doesn't take the teams success or failure personally.

I have this exact, same opinion about Cuban, down to the word.
Like Reply
Capela and Wallace, that's it
Like Reply
1 guy I'd trade 10 for, even send Mavs27 if anything else comes back.. Claxton...probably the best hybrid defender in the league, perfect for our defensive system...he's young and could be a running partner for Luka, good chemistry with KI (if that's worth anything)...

Hypothetical trade... Mcgee+Bertans+Hardy+#10+Mavs27 for Claxton +DFS+#22..

Claxton/Min
DFS/Maxi/#22
Bullock/THJ/Lawson
KI/Green/MLE
Luka/FA(DSJ)

( for 22 I like M.Lewis or OMP as role players that fit well...

I guess Nets would send our package for a KAT? upgrade?..
Like Reply
Trade #10 for Bam, JJJ, and Jayson Tatum
Like Reply
(06-20-2023, 01:07 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Trade #10 for Bam, JJJ, and Jayson Tatum

Aside, but I finally watched a lot of Bam in the playoffs.  Was kind of surprised for how bad his hands are and his lack of touch. Wonderful passer though.
Like Reply
1. Jarace Walker
2. Black Ant
3. Dereck Lively
4. Bilal Coulibaly
5. Kobe Bufkin

I just hope they dodge the bullet with Hendricks. I see a lot of you guys hugh on him, but once again, his defensive instincts aren't as good as advertised IMO.

I'd be ok with the Mavs getting Capella+15 for 10+Bertans if one of those prospects is there. If they are trading even more down, I'd be ok with Leonard Miller.

I just hope they don't waste the pick for a mediocre win now player ala Bojan Bogdanovic or someone of his calliber.
Like Reply
I want one of those "top 9" or a trade down for pick(s) and veteran(s). If we simply stay put and take Dick, Wallace, Lively, Coulibaly, or even reach for someone else, i think I'd be highly disappointed.

Passing on Black, Walker, Whitmore, Hendricks would be hard. But that also increases the value of the pick, so i don't know honestly.

A trade down where we net a veteran starter and pick in this years draft in the top 25 would be a win. Net multiple picks this year or future 1sts, and we're really cooking.
Like Reply
(06-20-2023, 12:58 PM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: 1 guy I'd trade 10 for, even send Mavs27 if anything else comes back.. Claxton...probably the best hybrid defender in the league, perfect for our defensive system...he's young and could be a running partner for Luka, good chemistry with KI (if that's worth anything)...

Hypothetical trade... Mcgee+Bertans+Hardy+#10+Mavs27 for Claxton +DFS+#22..

Claxton/Min
DFS/Maxi/#22
Bullock/THJ/Lawson
KI/Green/MLE
Luka/FA(DSJ)

( for 22 I like M.Lewis or OMP as role players that fit well...

I guess Nets would send our package for a KAT? upgrade?..

I really like Claxton.  The price is too high considering the risk he walks a year from now.  He’s UFA, repped by CAA and won’t extend even at 140% because that is well under his market next summer.

The KAT angle is interesting.
Like Reply
DRAFT IS THURSDAY AND THE CLOSER IT GETS I FIND MYSELF HOPING WE KEEP THE PICK. No chance we get Myles Turner without at least giving up that pick so I’m fine with Ayton. He should be available for trade that doesn’t involve the 10th.

DRAFT HENDRICKS or GD

TRADE BERTANS/MCGEE AND THJR or BULLOCK to PHX for Ayton

Resign KYRIE

LUKA
KYRIE
DICK
MAXI
AYTON

OR

LUKA
KYRIE
BULLOCK or THJR
HENDRICKS
AYTON

either team is better than last year and I’d trade for DFS (if possible) for depth
Like Reply
Cuban gets locked out of the draft room...whatever happens after that, I'm cool with.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 11:59 AM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Cuban gets locked out of the draft room...whatever happens after that, I'm cool with.

Nailed it. All four judges give your performance a 10 out of 10.
Like Reply
(06-21-2023, 11:59 AM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Cuban gets locked out of the draft room...whatever happens after that, I'm cool with.

Will be interesting to see if they are prepared for different scenarios. Would be hilarious to get another Voulgaris-like story. Not sure if it happened exactly like he said but it´s one of my all time "Mavs WTF moments"
Mavs try to trade up. Fail. Mavs are done with draft night. Bob is the only guy left in the room and picks Green without any deeper knowledge or additional information from the scouting department.
Like Reply
Cam Whitmore
Taylor Hendricks
Onyeka Okongwu
Jarrett Allen

would all get a fist bump from me.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 06:12 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Cam Whitmore
Taylor Hendricks
Onyeka Okongwu
Jarrett Allen

would all get a fist bump from me.

Literally all of this. Co-signed, co-sealed, co-delivered.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-18-2023, 08:10 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Let me add, tied to keeping the pick would also be a trade to 11, 12, 13 and getting a player you would have taken at 10

The prediction that hit closest!
Like Reply