Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions are Tough (especially about the future)
(06-02-2023, 08:16 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I thought it would be interesting to post a 10 question test regarding the draft and free agency and see how people do.  Please answer before the draft.  If you post more than one guess (as things change between now and then), please let us know which is your "Sheet of Integrity".  This is intended to be what you 'think' will happen as opposed to what you 'want' to happen.  Each question is worth 10 points.  Six of the questions are simple Yes/No or Over/Under.  Four of the questions require a name.  Good Luck: 

1. Will Kyrie remain a Dallas Maverick next season?  Y/N  No.  If he is--he will not last the season.

2. Will Kyrie make over or under $41mm in the first year of his next contract?  O/U  Under

3. Will Dwight Powell make over or under $4mm on his next contract?  O/U  Over.  I originally "hoped" it would be under, but that's not really realistic.

4. Will the Mavericks keep or trade the player taken at #10?  Keep/Trade  I'm going to stick with Keep--mostly because I hope that is what they do.  The Mavs don't have a great record on their trades--of any kind.

5. Who will the Mavericks draft with whatever first round pick they make (N/A if no pick)?  __I was thinking Lively--but I'm going with Noah Clowney--at #10.

6. Who will be presumed to be the Mavericks starting center in Mid-July?  Dwight Powell

7. Will Christian Wood get a contract over the full MLE?  Y/N  Y--over...but not with the Mavs.

8. Will the Mavericks total salary to start the season be:  Over the first apron
    1. Under the LT 
    2. Between the LT and first apron 
    3. Over the first apron

9. Name one current Maverick player who will be traded or waived by mid-July?  Bertans 

10. Who will the Mavericks sign (if anyone) in free agency above the minimum (N/A if none)?  Jaxson Hayes--overpay...

Apparently I used the word "hope" too many times--and did not provided names, which is really just a guess from me, so--this will be a REDO of my original "prediction" (guess).  I agree that I was a prevaricating worm with my original "prediction".
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 06-17-2023, 08:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 06-22-2023, 06:00 AM
RE: Predictions are Tough (especially about the future) - by ballsrchr - 06-22-2023, 07:51 AM