Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions are Tough (especially about the future)
(06-16-2023, 09:08 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Scouting is everything. If their guy is at 10, you draft there. If he's at 15, you draft there. If you like someone who is a secret home run at 31, great. 

The thing is, I think "Jason Terry" is grossly underestimating the value of rookie scale deals in the new CBA. And don't talk to me about second or third year guys - they either aren't going to be available, or they're going to be Justin Jackson types. You hit on your picks. They can't afford not to.

Oh there was a time, when suddenly half the 2017 draft class became availabe:

Ball
Markkanen
Monk
J. Collins
J. Allen
Kuzma
J. Hart

plus Fultz, Kennard, Z. Collins and so on...

All these players went for cheap or/and were readily available, but Mavs gotta have Dwight Powell and THJ instead. All I took was TWO smart moves that cost about two first round picks. Jarrett Allen and Lauri Markkanen instead of THJ/Powell. Jarrett Allen was a throw-away piece in the Harden deal and Markkanen begged the Mavs to make a move for him. But hey Cuban still winning the Porzingis and Rondo trades. Big Grin

Doncic/Dinwiddie
Brunson/Green
DFS/Bullock
Markkanen/Kleber
Allen/X

You think we´d have had a legit shot at the Warriors in 21/22 with that rotation. Cry Cry
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predictions are Tough (especially about the future) - by Mavs2021 - 06-17-2023, 07:20 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 06-17-2023, 08:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 06-22-2023, 06:00 AM