Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cavs are ready to listen to trade offers for Love? (Love prefers Blazers?)
(12-10-2019, 01:38 PM)J0n Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 12:19 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: How many hours after Rodney Hood tore his Achilles was this leaked by the Cavs? Can probably be better measured in minutes.

(12-07-2019, 10:16 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: There are teams that can offer much more. Yes that's true. And he would fit on other teams better.

But if we're focusing on the Mavs,  I don't see why everyone is so down on the fit if you look at it as, Love vs. Powell.  Who is better? The answer is Love in every aspect.  Not debating that there are better fits for that 4/5 position than Love. But if we are simply talking Love for Powell in the lineup then its a no brainer.

For this offense and this team, Powell is basically a less talented version of Love. In every way possible. Besides the 1 or 2 alley oops he converts a game. Why would you not want to upgrade your weakest starter with a supped up version of himself?

Because he makes $31M, misses 25% of games every year and severely impacts our immediate future (young talent gone, picks gone, easy pathway to max free agent 2021 gone) without providing fixture of our most desperate needs: perimeter defense and rim protection. The only additional skill he brings to the table is 3pt shooting. Basically he´s DeAndre Jordan with a 3pt shot.

I concur.

I am not a fan of bringing Love in here but its a weird comment to compare Powell to Love. Their game and careers are completely different. The only thing they have in common is that they play PF. That's pretty much it. Love is a much better player but not really a fit with what the Mavs want to do.
Like Reply
(12-07-2019, 10:16 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote:  Why would you not want to upgrade your weakest starter with a supped up version of himself?

Because basketball isn't like baseball where you can simply aggregate together 5 players individual stats into a 5 man total lineup.    Even if Love provides an individual upgrade over Powell, it's a net loss if his skillset fit hurts the other 4 players.
Like Reply