Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game 71 - Tank Busted? : DAL (36-35) @ LAL (34-37) | 111-110 WIN! CALL ME MAXI!
Good for Maxi..

but... Theon Pinson on the last play?
Really Kidd?
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:00 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: What a play drawn up by Kidd  Confused

Great game

He literally draws up the same play every single time. EVERY. TIME. 

You would think after he's gotten scouted he'd change up, but nope.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Now Kidd is going to act like he did everything right
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:01 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Kyrie made a great play though to find Maxi.

Yep.. it was a play at the moment.
not a drawn up play by Kidd.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:01 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Kyrie made a great play though to find Maxi.

Kyrie makes a significant difference.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
AD is truly living up to his face. He just has that stupid look.
Like Reply
Theo Pinson in for Christian Wood.
With 6 seconds to go.

This sticks out to me as 1Dl0tic coaching.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:03 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Yep.. it was a play at the moment.
not a drawn up play by Kidd.

It was nice of a AD to double in the paint with a two point lead to give Maxi the wide open three. And there are really fans (not here) that think that bum is better than Dirk. Rolleyes
Like Reply
Davis blew the game for them. He didn't stay with Maxi throughout the play, and his missed FT didn't help neither. Great pass by Kyrie. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
In a game like this, the win is the important thing. 

But, Mavs were so incredibly lucky. Arguably most crucial game up to now and Lakers shot 25 % from three and 61 % from free throw line. Mavs almost 50 % from three. Mavs pick and roll defense and rebounding was beyond horrible.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:07 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Davis blew the game for them. He didn't stay with Maxi throughout the play, and his missed FT didn't help neither. Great pass by Kyrie. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Davis just threw it away, but Maxi made an incredible shot off of an amazing pass by Kyrie.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Omg. I prayed hard for this W
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
This is why this board might die. I come here as always, this time to enjoy a fun win. What do I see? Mavs fans more interested in trashing their coach and trying to prove their point than anything else.

This board absolutely always has someone identified that you hate and spend ridiculous effort offering your proof that your points are correct. 
Sometimes apologies show up on the board which I like. But I guess discussions work better if we both have a scapegoat and argue how right we are. 
Sorry this really irritated the fire out of me.
[-] The following 6 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • F Gump, HIMAV, Hogmelon, MFFL, The Jom, WillE
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:08 AM)omahen Wrote: In a game like this, the win is the important thing. 

But, Mavs were so incredibly lucky. Arguably most crucial game up to now and Lakers shot 25 % from three and 61 % from free throw line. Mavs almost 50 % from three. Mavs pick and roll defense and rebounding was beyond horrible.

I was actually depressed at how far Maxi is from playing his best. Maybe this will light a fire under him. A scary memory: last time Maxi had a game winner he got hurt like the next game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:21 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: This is why this board might die. I come here as always, this time to enjoy a fun win. What do I see? Mavs fans more interested in trashing their coach and trying to prove their point than anything else.

This board absolutely always has someone identified that you hate and spend ridiculous effort offering your proof that your points are correct. 
Sometimes apologies show up on the board which I like. But I guess discussions work better if we both have a scapegoat and argue how right we are. 

Yep. It’s becoming unbearable. Not sure if I’m gonna stick.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • Hogmelon, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:27 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I was actually depressed at how far Maxi is from playing his best.

Maxi has around 30 games per season where he is at his best. Rest of games he is either injured, recovering from injury or in a slump. Mavs were lucky they got his best version in last year playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 12:27 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I was actually depressed at how far Maxi is from playing his best. Maybe this will light a fire under him. A scary memory: last time Maxi had a game winner he got hurt like the next game.

I saw how hyped he got after the game and I immiediately hoped this will be the spark that gives him his mojo back. Dude was integral tonight.

(03-18-2023, 12:21 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: This is why this board might die. I come here as always, this time to enjoy a fun win. What do I see? Mavs fans more interested in trashing their coach and trying to prove their point than anything else.

I feel you on that broesph. For what it's worth I was screaming my heart out when Maxi hit it and went straight to copy pasting his name everywhere.

One thing I liked tonight, Wood played an incredibly good all around game. He did have a really awful stretch in the mid 4th, but he stuck with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Love Maxi and hate the Lakers, so no matter what, that was satisfying..
[-] The following 3 users Like LifeAquatic's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
THAT WAS AMAZING
Like Reply

Come on guys!  This is a discussion board.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  We don't need to agree with each other.  If I don't agree with someone I just go on.  I "like" some of those that I agree with and give thoughtful consideration to others.  That's the way of life.

There are still some really good posters on here with in depth knowledge of basketball and the Mavs.  They deserve to  have their say--just as you do.  Sometimes I agree with you.  Sometimes I don't.

There are things about the Mavs I don't like.  Sometimes I voice them.  I appreciate your comments...and I'd hate to see you, or anyone leave.  You can make a difference just by joining the discussions with thoughtful, informed comments.  Or...totally uninformed.  Heck!...I'm just a fan.  I never played beyond high school.  Now I'm just a driveway point guard--but--it is a big driveway...
[-] The following 8 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • DallasMaverick, dmavs4life03, donzingis38, HoosierDaddyKid, Mavs2021, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero, WillE
Like Reply