Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: LAL (28-32) @ DAL (32-29) | 2:30 CST tip
(02-26-2023, 06:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Mavs are too small. That's the problem. Size matters.
Yes!

Just need to pickup a big off the waiver wire that can neutralize AD on both ends.
Like Reply
How did Kidd not save a TO for the end of the game?
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 06:15 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: How did Kidd not save a TO for the end of the game?
You know how.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when the Mavs flame out in the first round after trading for Kyrie. They'd be insane to keep Kidd when they're actually trying to win.
Like Reply
I know it's one game and I don't want to be overly negative, but I don't see the Mavs going anywhere in the playoffs. Too many issues to list, but Kidd is at the top of my list and also Luka's effort at times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
As far as regular season games go, top 5 all time loss. Maybe the worst.  Kidd is just a terrible coach. He gravy trained off of the structure Carlisle had in place last year. But his team has no coherence this season. Just effort and individual play. He still hasn’t figured out his rotation. It doesn’t even look like he has a system. It’s like pick up ball all season long with the wrong lineups almost always. If the Mavs can keep enough of the roster together, add some rebounding, and get a winning coach, they’ve got a chance next year. 

And of course, at the end of the game, the Mavs need a timeout, and they don’t have one. Coaching.  They would have just run a ridiculous inbound anyway so I guess it wouldn’t have mattered.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 06:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Mavs are too small. That's the problem. Size matters.

They have been too small for the last 5 years. Hell I can pull up my old posts on here calling for Collins, Holmes, Reid, Lopez or something like that from 4 years ago.
Yet teachers pet Powell is still our starting center 5 YEARS LATER.
And we dont need just one, but two new bigs.
Basketball is a simple game, with all the money and time I just dont understand Mavs FO.
Lakers rebuild their team 4 times in the last 5 years, but Mavs are still starting Powell.
Unfathomable.
[-] The following 2 users Like bodhisattva's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply
People talking about Mavs not going anywhere in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if this team falls to the play in spots, and then doesn't even make it out of that to actually get into the playoffs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dundalis's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Just impossible for this team to find the right big man. They will give Powell a big contract this summer and keep relying on Kleber and continue going nowhere
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
I am so pissed at Mavs FO. A child could see Mavs lack a PF. Maxi coming back is not going to do it, they need another one. When things got important, Lakers could score on basically every posesion. A lot of western contenders have an elite big offensive wing. Kawhi, Durant, LeBron,... Good luck to Bullock/Green/Holiday,... guarding them.

Second mistery - why the hell Mavs traded 2029 FRP if they didn't use 2027 in another trade??? It would make 1000 times more sense to trade 2028 pick. There is just no reasonable explanation for that one. 

Finally - Vando is exactly what Mavs need and he was available. But he is not worth a FRP, some say. He singlehandidly turned the game around with his energy. Something Mavs severly lack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Wood had 14 and 9 tonight and was plus 6 in only 20 minutes. Powell was like 6 and 6 I think. Kidd’s a stubborn guy in addition to not really having any coherent rotation or structure. He doesn’t like Wood from day one and is willing to sacrifice games to make his point.
Like Reply
Even a decade into the experience, I don´t get how a front office can be so awful. I truly don´t. Bitadze was right there. First game for the Magic 6 pts/6 rebs in nine minutes +7 in a 13 point loss. Maybe he works out, maybe does not, but to not even try is truly embarrassing. We even have more minutes available than the Magic. That´s just Cuban sleeping at the wheel. I´m sorry. There is no excuse getting beat to a signature by lottery teams with five centers, when you don´t even have one rebounding big on the whole f´n roster.
Like Reply
Tough loss. This home stand isn't going to be easy as some think. You can't just assume wins.
Like Reply
Wood is done here...it doesn't matter anymore. The Mavs hate him, they would rather give Powell the max than sign Wood for the minimum probably

The bigger problem will continue to be how many big men will this team run out of town? They keep requiring a unicorn PF/C who can switch defensively, hit threes, finish around the basket, etc. And when they can't find that player, it will always be Powell and Kleber to the rescue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Oh, and don't let the good start of this game full you. It wasn't because Mavs were so great defensively. Lakers just couldn't buy a bucket. But once things got serious, Mavs offense was not being able to win the game. Mavs shot 40 % from three and still managed to lose against a team shooting 17 %!!! Mavs can't rebound and defend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...3401432064

Absolute clownshoes
Like Reply
Honestly its just one game, but I dont see a way for this team to contend.
I am in the Kyrie is leaving in the summer camp of fanbase+ if what people say about Wood is true and he also leaves this team is done for the foreseeable future. I just dont see them plugging this holes.
Mavs FO has moved too slow and too little in the last 4 years. Its too late if they loose both Wood and Kyrie for nothing.

After this I just dont see Luka staying, maybe I am wrong but I have been watching him for a long time now in Europe, NBA and with national team and he is a spoiled little brat. Maybe he matures, but I doubt. He has been treated as special since teenage years. Direct opposite of Dirks or Jokič personality. I dont see him staying with this garbage of a team Mavs will put together next season, and I dont care who they sign in the offseason (It wont be anyone major anyway). I am not saying he requests a trade next year, but at this pace sooner or later. In 2025 , 2026 or so.

I predict that by the 2027, or 2028 Mavs are bottom feeders in the West.
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 06:53 PM)Branduil Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...3401432064

Absolute clownshoes

He has been like that since the beginning of the season.
It's always somebody else's fault.
Like Reply
(02-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: He has been like that since the beginning of the season.
It's always somebody else's fault.

He has been like that his whole coaching career. Good first season, than everything just went downhill everywhere he was. But of course Mavs don't need an elite FO and an elite coach to guide a young star.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
I couldn't see the game and just checking for the box scores, last time I checked it was half time and the Mavs were up. Then I checked again knowing the game and see a 3 point loss.

Without even looking at the comments here, I saw Green and Wood with low minutes, DP, RB and Holiday had high minutes. And it's a 3 point game, didn't knew the Mavs went up by 27. I was thinking -- well, this game probably has Kidd's prints on it including a last second play that doesn't look like a legit play.

I was almost right.

Kidd's just a terrible terrible coach.
If Nico and Kidd are a package deal, you hand him his walking papers too.
Kidd must not be on the Mavs if they have any aspirations of a title.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/boweman55/status/162...60359?s=46&t=EprC8FMzUUaU21a9XfXk2g
Like Reply