Poll: Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
100.00%
11 100.00%
Sacramento
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (31-27) @ SAC (32-24) | Dallas lost 133-128 in OT
Dallas couldn't control the boards and they let Fox get loose. The Kings aren't flukes.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:36 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dallas couldn't control the boards and they let Fox get loose. The Kings aren't flukes.
Wow, I wonder how that happened
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:36 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dallas couldn't control the boards and they let Fox get loose. The Kings aren't flukes.

No, they are a nice story this year.  Still one of the main teams I would prefer to play in the playoffs though.
Like Reply
I think more minutes for Wood and less for Dwight and McShaqtin!
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
We cant be serious contenders with Powell as our rim protector. This is making me mad af
[-] The following 3 users Like donzingis38's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, MrGoat, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Luka played pretty well, and Kyrie was excellent.  Green rounded out a nice performance by the new Big 3.  But Fox outplayed them all by a mile.  He was clearly the best player in this two game set. But, the loss is mostly about rebounding, just like many loses this year and last.  Powell is a decent contributor, but he’s just so bad at rebounding. That’s going to be this team’s Achilles heel, just like last year.
Like Reply
the winning streak could've somehow become a burden on us, losing a game is disappointing but on the good side it helps us shed the burden and move on. it is a game we could have won, but it ain't a playoff game, and don't forget it's just our first game featuring two stars. things will only get better for us as chemistry develops between them.
Like Reply
We're told Powell should and deserves to get a MLE size contract. There is not a single team out there that would give him more than vet min.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:34 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't have a problem with the loss. I have a problem with that shot Luka took after the timeout.

Take that problem to the coach that has two all world talents and somehow manages to run the exact same play just with Luka inbounding. 

Same coach who had Dwight Powell in every action in OT.  

Luka was crap in the 4th/OT.  He was sucking wind out there too which makes no sense.  He has to be better and the 6 TOs ain’t pretty either.  Kidd is still the one who pulled out his big wrinkle that Luka would inbound the ball now before we run the same damn thing we always do.  

I’m now convinced another coach put together the game plan for the last 2 games and now Luka is back and Kidd is like I got this!!
[-] The following 5 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh, Mavs2021, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
If I was the GM and saw that many possessions of Dwight PnR down the stretch, I would have fired Kidd on the spot.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 3 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • MaxiThreeba, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
we should've closed the game in regular time. we have more superstars than the queens (2 vs. 0), yet we still found a way to lose somehow. i also think that kidd just tanked this game intentionally. it ain't no playoff game so it doesn't matter.
Like Reply
The last 8 minutes of the game, including OT was just way too much Powell on offense. I don't want to see this guy setting a high screen EVERY possession and bogging down the offense. Kidd was too obsessed in trying to get the switch for Luka/Kyrie so they could ISO and it turned in the Dwight Powell Show with the shot clock running down.

Wasted a great game by Green, who should have been more involved down the stretch since he could actually keep the ball moving.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I'm convinced Dwight is the coach whisperer. He just does EVERYTHING right in practice, all of the time, and it makes coaches love him. Contrast to a guy like Wood, who is moody and wants to get his. Coaches despise guys like him despite his talent, and love Powell because he always does the things that make them happy. It doesn't matter that he can't help us win in the playoffs, he just presses all of the right buttons to make coaches and number guys happy during the regular season.
[-] The following 4 users Like Branduil's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
A few trade deadlines ago we almost had a trade for Lyles.  Can’t remember what happened.  He has turned into a nice role player for Sacramento.  We need a player like that on our roster.  Sure, I would like a higher tier roster but just a 6’10 skilled big forward.  Not sure if Morris can provide that now.  We will see.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:44 AM)Branduil Wrote: I'm convinced Dwight is the coach whisperer. He just does EVERYTHING right in practice, all of the time, and it makes coaches love him. Contrast to a guy like Wood, who is moody and wants to get his. Coaches despise guys like him despite his talent, and love Powell because he always does the things that make them happy. It doesn't matter that he can't help us win in the playoffs, he just presses all of the right buttons to make coaches and number guys happy during the regular season.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
It was a fun game. Hopefully next one is a W.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:46 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: A few trade deadlines ago we almost had a trade for Lyles.  Can’t remember what happened.  He has turned into a nice role player for Sacramento.  We need a player like that on our roster.  Sure, I would like a higher tier roster but just a 6’10 skilled big forward.  Not sure if Morris can provide that now.  We will see.

Was some weird mix-up with the Spurs as the 3rd team. They thought they get some 2nd round pick compensation I believe. In the end we wasted one or two 2nd round picks on Retiredick/Melli. Another Mavs special.
Like Reply
That was a very entertaining game.  Kidd's rotations were weird beyond measure and he is killing me with his refusal to matchup and beef up the paint a bit.  That bit was frustrating.  The game was amazing though. Enjoyed how they worked out there, even though Luka seems to have gotten out of shape this week.  Looked bigger and slower tonight and was trash in the 4th/OT.  Otherwise, it was a great night!
Like Reply
it doesn't matter to lose some games in regular season as long as we can finish top 6. there ain't easy opponents in the playoffs and it's hard to tell which team we match up well or poorly with (after all those trades that almost reshaped the west). lakers are probably gonna make the playoffs and more likely than not they will finish in the 7-10 range (same for the defending champs warriors). the top 2 seeded teams will then take on warriors and lakers in the first round, and the warriors and lakers are clearly tough matchups no team wanna take as early as in the first round. maybe you'll see nuggest also tanking a few games later when lakers get hot and come back strong. we're smart enough to do the tanking job earlier (just as we did in trade market where we got a superstar at a low price) so we can clinch a spot in the mid-table where the path seems easier.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:37 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: We cant be serious contenders with Powell as our rim protector. This is making me mad af

This is the main reason I didn't hate the JaVale signing in the offseason. Come playoff time Dwight won't cut it, though at this point I'm more annoyed by how much Kidd is trying to ruin Christian Wood
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply