Poll: Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
100.00%
11 100.00%
Sacramento
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (31-27) @ SAC (32-24) | Dallas lost 133-128 in OT
[Image: ky0t91w9mhha1.jpg?width=613&auto=webp&v=...24efbe437d]

Luka’s back?
Like Reply
Time to drop the back to back hammer on the Kings tonight. They have no business being a top 3 seed.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • ItsGoTime, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:10 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Luka’s back?

Maybe, maybe not. But what about HER? Will SHE be back???

Poor Followill.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • Mavsfan12, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 01:05 PM)The Jom Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. But what about HER? Will SHE be back???
[Image: ForqD0oWYAAUJld.jpg?width=768&height=1024]

"Cmon Refs play it fair! WOooooooOOOOOoooo!"
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Let's Go!

[Image: deik546-cd7c431c-e5b7-40b0-a054-c42550ad...ahGC1xvSQc]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 01:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: ForqD0oWYAAUJld.jpg?width=768&height=1024]

I didn't watch the game, only followed the written play-by-play and the discord/board. Was she really saying that? Talk about delusional fandom.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 02:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I didn't watch the game, only followed the written play-by-play and the discord/board. Was she really saying that? Talk about delusional fandom.

It wasn’t really about what she was saying. She was screeching like a mom at a Upward basketball game for the full 48 minutes.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavspr/status/162448...24130?s=46&t=sJ-lEuIIjzIfWBqPJPiCIw
Like Reply
I don't want to pre-empt Dr. Mav, so I'll word my post carefully - to me, there isn't much excuse if they lose this game tonight. 1) The Queens are paper tigers, 2) They are also on the second night of a back-to-back, and 3) Luka, at least, is fresh. Not to mention that the Mavs need every game they can get against their standings competitors.

If we lose tonight, I would predict that it could be chalked up to 1) tired shooters' threes clanking, 2) Luka being rusty and trying to do too much, and/or 3) Kiddiocy. 

(If Dougie can make up a word, I can too)
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 01:11 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: ForqD0oWYAAUJld.jpg?width=768&height=1024]

We need a turnover boys!!  A TURNOVVVVVER!!!!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
These Kings are pretenders just like all the other Kings teams of yesteryear. Time to remind them who daddy is. Let’s go mavs
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 02:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I didn't watch the game, only followed the written play-by-play and the discord/board. Was she really saying that? Talk about delusional fandom.

She literally talked the whole game, probably during timeouts and halftime, too. She SAID EVERYTHING imaginable in those 2 1/2 hours. It would actually have been funnier, if she told some personal stories about her grandkids, did some cap breakdowns and fantasy trades in between. Maybe she saved that for today. Big Grin
Like Reply
Kings remain 3rd in the West. Despite being a feel good story for their fans, in the first episode of the Luka-Kyrie show tonight the Mavs need to say to them as Mufasa said to Simba, “Remember who you are.”

Also want that lady to be there again and go home disappointed again.

Must win game.
[-] The following 6 users Like DrMav's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, Mavsfan12, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 07:38 PM)DrMav Wrote: Kings remain 3rd in the West. Despite being a feel good story for their fans, in the first episode of the Luka-Kyrie show tonight the Mavs need to say to them as Mufasa said to Simba, “Remember who you are.”

Also want that lady to be there again and go home disappointed again.

Must win game.

Lady: Honey, let´s go to the Kings again tonight. I´m pumped.
Husband: You know, you go, and I stay at home and watch A Quiet Place and A Quiet Place 2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
She is not an occasional fan. That voice was full-throated and still strong going into the final minutes. Nobody’s vocal cords can do that without regular practice.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Wonder if Kidd will straight start McGee tonight.  He played great last night and Sabonis just had his way with Powell.

Thing to watch tonight:  Will the Mavs continue to run with Doncic in the lineup?  If they do, will Doncic run with them, or will it be like the 80's Showtime Lakers where Magic and the wings would run, and then if it wasn't there, The Captain would come down and set up shop in the half court.  I could see that happening here where Kyrie runs fast breaks and Doncic runs the half court offense.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:11 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Thing to watch tonight:  Will the Mavs continue to run with Doncic in the lineup?  If they do, will Doncic run with them, or will it be like the 80's Showtime Lakers where Magic and the wings would run, and then if it wasn't there, The Captain would come down and set up shop in the half court.  I could see that happening here where Kyrie runs fast breaks and Doncic runs the half court offense.

https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1624...17217?s=46&t=KBpB6IAbUh_Gv3FLEH4Xtw
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:25 PM)Smitty Wrote: https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1624...17217?s=46&t=KBpB6IAbUh_Gv3FLEH4Xtw

Thanks for the stats, but that is about pace.  Not completely irrelevant, but also doesn't describe what I mean.  The last few games, the Mavs have gotten out in transition A LOT!  That doesn't mean that they are turning into the Steve Nash Suns and are suddenly chucking up shots in the first half of the shot clock.  They are running off rebounds and turnovers more than they did previously.  I am curious if Doncic will run with them.  I have no doubt that the Mavs will continue to be deliberate in the half court and be near the bottom of the league in pace.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1624...51526?s=46&t=6dooQBXtLeLf2yT-Zqd8QQ
Like Reply
Starting lineup for tonight's game:

Luka
Irving
Hardaway
Green
Powell

2 Questions:

1) What is Kidd's infatuation with Hardaway in the starting lineup?  I would have preferred to start Bullock.  Him and Green are terrific perimeter defenders and have played well together.

2) What is Kidd's infatuation with Powell in the starting lineup?  I would have preferred to start Wood.  Wood has to be frustrated with Kidd.  He was playing so well as a starter, suffered an injury and has essentially lost his starting position.

Ultimately, I think our best starting lineup is as follows:

Luka
Irving
Green
Kleber
Wood
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs03's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply