Poll: Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
100.00%
11 100.00%
Sacramento
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 58: DAL (31-27) @ SAC (32-24) | Dallas lost 133-128 in OT
(02-12-2023, 05:50 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Also have consider how Maxi is going to look after coming off a torn hammy. Nobody is mentioning that. He's already on the wrong side of thirty. He's going to have a tough time guarding fleet, quicker wings. He more adept guarding centers IMO.

That is a good point.  It scares me we sort of assume he will be a big missing piece for us.  As you mention, that is a serious injury.  Even before the injury, you had to watch his minutes.  His minutes may be really low to finish out the season and hope yo7 can have him peak for the playoffs.  A lot to ask imo.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 09:14 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't think we are going to see that test absent some more injuries.  The good news is I think we are likely to get him some help soon.

What people miss in all of this 'Wood is great and Powell sucks' commentary is Kidd is hiding Wood.  He now only plays when the opponents best big is sitting.  It isn't a knock.  That's the role...feast on lesser players when the opportunity presents itself.  The issue last night was Wood/Kyrie couldn't carry Pinson and Hardy.  That will presumably change when Maxi comes back.  It will be Wood, Maxi, Reggie and Kyrie against the opponent bench.  Instead of massive negatives On-Court, we should be seeing net positives.  The starters will be fine and the bench minutes will eventually improve given good health.

I think Green officially graduated to starter last night.  Yeah, he's been starting, but there has been someone out and we weren't quite sure what Kidd would do on a night Luka, Kyrie, Bullock and THJ were all available.  The answer was Green/THJ with a big and two ball handlers.

We spend a good bit of time debating here about what we need to add.  A wing vs. a ball handler vs. a center.  I've tended to lean toward center.  The team seems to think it can develop Green/Hardy into that third ball-handler role.  I'm fine with that largely because if we pay up for such a player, it will block Hardy from developmental time.  Sefant presents good numbers that show the wing minutes are in decent shape between Green, Reggie and THJ.  Would it be nice if one of those guys was bigger...yes (we really missed Dorian's size last night).  But, we have Maxi for that.  The place of biggest need in terms of a starter is center.  Powell and Wood are both fantastic bench bigs.  Neither will hold up against the beasts in the playoffs and neither can stand on their own without a little size next to him.

I think a wing (preferably bigger) and a center needs to be the focus…if Kyrie stays here and is sane.  The issue is we probably have the assets for one of these.  So we will need to manufacture the one we don’t prioritize.  It is easier to manufacture a center than a wing in todays game.  But I think I would be in favor of finding the best player first.  

Myles Turner and Josh Hart—-getting both would be tough with our assets
Or
John Collins and nick Richards 

That type of level of talent combos. Then find a veteran fourth guard who can run an offense but not good enough to steal minutes from Hardy.  Lastly, add another young prospect to the end of the roster to develop.
Like Reply