Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: HOU Targeting Mikal Bridges again!| Mitchell is LAL #1 Target
(05-06-2024, 11:46 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Do you think both Harden and George will be Clippers next season?  If so, at what price for each of them?

I do. I’m more sure about Harden than PG, but I think George has a max (or near enough to basically be a max, kind of like Kyrie’s deal) waiting for him right now from Philly. I think that will be enough to coax what he wants out of LAC. 

Basically, if he’s not a Clipper, my hunch is that it will be because he wants out, not because they want rid of him (though it will be easy to posture it the opposite way to their fans).
Like Reply
@esidery
The Clippers have made multiple contract offers to Paul George below the max, which he will not accept, per @ShamsCharania on @RunItBackFDTV.

Los Angeles wants to keep George, but he appears heading towards unrestricted free agency this summer.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I listened to a good podcast recently stating there is at least arguable point about trying to get Harden, Kawhi, and George all back on the same page next year. The argument is fairly simple. They open a new arena.

It's generally considered a fan-disaster to open a new arena to losing, rebuilding team.

I sort of get the money aspect, no matter how much I think it's a bad decision otherwise.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 12:16 PM)Winter Wrote: I listened to a good podcast recently stating there is at least arguable point about trying to get Harden, Kawhi, and George all back on the same page next year. The argument is fairly simple. They open a new arena.

It's generally considered a fan-disaster to open a new arena to losing, rebuilding team.

I sort of get the money aspect, no matter how much I think it's a bad decision otherwise.

I think they have to go that route.   They have no other clear direction.  it looks like Paul George is going to make them sweat and wants the biggest deal possible.  He has the leverage though as probably two teams are going to offer him the max.   They are pretty much stuck with Harden.  Not the worst thing but still.   They probably would have difficulty getting good value back for Leonard.   When he is healthy he is great.  He just has been injured and the Clippers have tried every option they can to keep him healthy.   

I read the Clippers were willing to discuss George in some trades this year.   So, George probably knows that.   If he leaves, they are in a world of hurt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Winter
Like Reply
The Ringer's final rookie rankings. Good class. Not even concerned Lively is out of the top 6. I think we should all be thrilled of the role he is going to fill and eventually develop into.

While OKC got a good one as well, it would be awesome if we can look back 3-4 years from now and think we also got a good piece in Omax. Time will tell.

https://nbarankings.theringer.com/rookie-rankings
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(05-07-2024, 09:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: The Ringer's final rookie rankings.  Good class.  Not even concerned Lively is out of the top 6.  I think we should all be thrilled of the role he is going to fill and eventually develop into.

While OKC got a good one as well, it would be awesome if we can look back 3-4 years from now and think we also got a good piece in Omax.  Time will tell.

https://nbarankings.theringer.com/rookie-rankings

From an advanced stat standpoint, he is easily 3rd. And I think you meant to say "out of the top 5" as he is 6th.
Like Reply
A hypothetical question... how does this look for a roster next season? Please ignore how the trades could get done or if they are even possible. Mainly curious about thoughts on the roster, and whether it has what is needed to win it all.

G: Dejounte....................... Exum, Aaron Holiday
G: Aaron Wiggins.............. Green, Hardy
F: Luka................................ Hayward, O-Max
F: Washington...................... Pokusevski, Kleber
C: Lively............................... Gafford, Sims

For example...

Does a guard pairing of Dejounte-Wiggins have enough balance between offense-defense, or would you prefer a combo of Kyrie-Wiggins?

Or is Pokusevski a good alternative to Kleber, since the latter has trouble staying healthy.

And is Gordon Hayward at this stage of his career a suitable backup to Luka?

Is a 3rd quick-footed, shot-blocking Center like Jericho Sims a necessity, if one of Lively or Gafford get injured or into foul trouble? Personally, I think Sims can do everything that Lively does but is a better perimeter defender and rebounder. His flaw is getting into foul trouble, but I'd be only wanting 20-25 mins per game from him.
Like Reply
Not impressed by any of the guys listed for the roles you are putting them in. I don't think Wiggins is an upgrade over DJJ. Hayward looks done, the rest are end of bench guys at best
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
There’s a sense Jonas Valanciunas won’t return as a Pelican this offseason in free agency, per @MikeAScotto
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 08:28 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: A hypothetical question... how does this look for a roster next season? Please ignore how the trades could get done or if they are even possible. Mainly curious about thoughts on the roster, and whether it has what is needed to win it all.

G: Dejounte....................... Exum, Aaron Holiday
G: Aaron Wiggins.............. Green, Hardy
F: Luka................................ Hayward, O-Max
F: Washington...................... Pokusevski, Kleber
C: Lively............................... Gafford, Sims

I think that roster is significantly worse.
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 12:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
There’s a sense Jonas Valanciunas won’t return as a Pelican this offseason in free agency, per @MikeAScotto

Will they re-make themselves as a defensive team?
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 12:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think that roster is significantly worse.

Oh, I didn't see the main thing. He is still on the "lets trade Kyrie for Murray" train. Makes zero sense. Kyrie has been phenomenal so far and if the goal is to win now, than trading him is nonsense. If the goal would be to build the team for long term around younger guys, than it would make some sense and cash in on Irvings great season. But, it is not

It will be interesting to observe the offseason related to Irvings new deal. He will be an expiring (he has a player option after next season). Him walking for nothing would be a disaster, but locking him for huge number well into his thirties could also have significant consequences if he starts falling of a cliff. See Beal or even Lillard contracts as an example.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply

NO is staring at roster trimming due to payroll limits. They will definitely be cutting somewhere over the next year or two, but the exact specifics remain to be seen. Until they decide, there will be plenty of notes about them moving on from this player or that. 

While JV and his 15.5M feels like a good guess for some savings, what would they do for an alternative center? Would they dare to build a roster where their whole rotation is 6-3 to 6-8?
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 01:36 PM)F Gump Wrote: NO is staring at roster trimming due to payroll limits. They will definitely be cutting somewhere over the next year or two, but the exact specifics remain to be seen. Until they decide, there will be plenty of notes about them moving on from this player or that. 

While JV and his 15.5M feels like a good guess for some savings, what would they do for an alternative center? Would they dare to build a roster where their whole rotation is 6-3 to 6-8?

They have already put feelers out about how they're not planning to bring Brandon Ingram back, but it was unclear whether or not the motivation (in that case) was to save money or upgrade the roster fit with a different, comparable talent.
Like Reply
A lot of noise from Atlanta forum about Murray and Capela for Ingram as a basis for a trade.
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 03:13 PM)omahen Wrote: A lot of noise from Atlanta forum about Murray and Capela for Ingram as a basis for a trade.

Oooof. I'd like that a lot for the Pelicans.
Like Reply

really interested to see what type of offers he gets this summer.   Could he be someone he falls through the cracks?  Will any team prioritze him as a starting center with starting money?  Or is he going need to hope for MLE money and a bench role?  Will he even get MLE money?   

Does he go to a bad team or does a contender look to add his size to their bench unit.  A little tricky to use as a bench piece.
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 03:13 PM)omahen Wrote: A lot of noise from Atlanta forum about Murray and Capela for Ingram as a basis for a trade.

Interesting.   Not sure what I think about that.   I think Ingram is moved this summer.  He feels like a guy whose stats are better than the real version.  Still, he has the build that all teams wants and most of the skills those teams want.   Just leaves you wanting more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 12:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think that roster is significantly worse.

I have that guy on ignore, but the most hilarious thing about that post is that he has Poku ahead of Maxi on the depth chart.  WTF?
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 03:32 PM)mvossman Wrote: I have that guy on ignore, but the most hilarious thing about that post is that he has Poku ahead of Maxi on the depth chart.  WTF?

I think I'll be pretty surprised if Pokusevski is in the NBA next season. I guess it's hard to give up on a mobile, shooting big man with some handles, but I struggle to envision another NBA team carving out the developmental time required to invest in a guy like that with so many younger players constantly flooding into the league.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply