Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
(07-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The Sacramento trade will not be official until the 7th right?  So if anything is tied to that, we won’t hear until then, right?  Not that I am expecting anything.

One more thing, the mavs appear to be ultra tight lipped this year.  Even the guys who typically know seem to be doing educational guesses.

We could hear sooner. That is the deadline, until we have hope that deal gets expanded.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:24 PM)Moviemavguy Wrote: This is what the FO defenders always say in the beginning of FA...yet every summer it's disappointment.

But that's what I'm saying, this summer isn't a disappointment already. They retained Kyrie, they signed Curry to a great deal. Powell is now paid exactly what he is worth.

The Mavs maximized the draft as well adding not one but TWO prospects along with a center, who though I don't have much faith in, theoretically fills a big need should he not be washed.

Those calling this a disappointing summer after the 2nd day to me is having short term memory loss. 

Should the Mavs not succeed in getting a starting 3, and tweak the center rotation to make it make sense, then this so far Grade A off-season gets knocked down to a B- (or C if you really want to be pessimistic).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, BoredAssistant, F Gump, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 06:12 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: McDaniels doesn’t interest me.  Not sure if he is a guy who helps in playoffs.  Fits the Toronto fetish though.

Like the clippers move of KJ Martin though.  They typically make good on the edge moves.  Probably fits them better than Morris in the present too.

I think McDaniels would have been an upgrade over Reggie Bullock.  He's an asset that we could have afforded.
Like Reply
Supposedly Wood re-followed the mavs on twitter. We are back baby!
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: But that's what I'm saying, this summer isn't a disappointment already. They retained Kyrie, they signed Curry to a great deal. Powell is now paid exactly what he is worth.

The Mavs maximized the draft as well adding not one but TWO prospects along with a center, who though I don't have much faith in, theoretically fills a big need should he not be washed.

Those calling this a disappointing summer after the 2nd day to me is having short term memory loss. 

Should the Mavs not succeed in getting a starting 3, and tweak the center rotation to make it make sense, then this so far Grade A off-season gets knocked down to a B- (or C if you really want to be pessimistic).

They have time to do something, but this feels like 2019 all over again.  They kept KP on a max contract and...signed Seth Curry (which we did again) and Delon Wright in one of the biggest FA classes in NBA history.  

The draft was great, no doubt, but FA just seems to be their achilles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moviemavguy's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just difficult to imagine how they can get there. We obviously don´t know what is going on and they might have one or even multiple trade options but as of now the Mavs lost the full MLE. Taking them out of the bidding war for the few remaining targets. Add free agents signing contracts left and right. Reducing the number of interesting options. And you have the usual eleventh hour reactions.

Listen, all reasonable takes as to why to be pessimistic especially given the Mavs history in FA, but all I'm saying is that this summer the Mavs have acted differently compared to past offseasons already.

I think that's bought them a little tiny minute amount of lee way so far, especially after the 2nd day. 

So far it's been an "A" summer for me with their moves, their final grade has yet to be inputted pending on how they fix said holes that you mention.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:43 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Supposedly Wood re-followed the mavs on twitter.  We are back baby!

I'd actually be all for that because I doubt the price is high.  Who is actually in the market to sign him?
[-] The following 2 users Like Moviemavguy's post:
  • BigDirk41, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 04:56 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: The annual July disappointment 

They somehow managed to make the team even worse. Holmes is completely washed, Powell and Curry have both declined and they loose their best bench players in Wood. The rooks are fun and I am actually okay with how Kidd has handled Hardy and Green which gives hope here, but damn. It‘s 2023 and their answers are still Seth Curry and Dwight Powell. What’s next? A DFS trade?

This lack of creativity and vision is baffling.

Also the inability to get their guys continues to make them look like a joke. Didn’t they bring in Harrison and Kidd for their relationships? So why does still nobody want to sign here?

We're a two-superstar team with nothing around them.  

It should be easy to build a team around Luka and Kyrie but it's not when your front office lacks professional experience.  

Free agency has been really disappointing again.  

I don't believe we can afford Grant Williams or Thybulle or Paul Reed without the full MLE.  Backup plans like Jae Crowder and Jock Landale have signed elsewhere.  

I'm anticipating a 2-year deal for 6-time all star Blake Griffin to complete the summer.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 07:43 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Supposedly Wood re-followed the mavs on twitter.  We are back baby!

[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Nobody offered him a contract, so now he’s hoping for a S&T.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
In non Mavs news. As expected DiVincenzo joins Brunson and Hart in NY. 4/50 deal. Only missing piece for the full 15/16 Villanova experience is Mikal Bridges.
I wonder if Brunson could have recruted them for the Mavs...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/167...77667?s=20
Like Reply
Jeff Green to Rockets 1/$6 mil
Like Reply
Michael Scotto
@MikeAScotto
·
43m
BREAKING: The Houston Rockets have agreed to a one-year, $6 million deal with NBA champion Jeff Green, league sources told
@hoopshype
. The deal was negotiated by agent Jason Glushon of
@GlushonSM

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3794...r-50m-deal

Knicks sign Divincenzo to a 4yr/50 million dollar deal.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:02 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Jeff Green to Rockets 1/$6 mil

Sometimes having more money to spend than anyone else isn´t an advantage. Green has been on vet min or BAE level deals since 2017. Turns 37 before the season starts. At least it is a one year deal.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Sometimes having more money to spend than anyone else isn´t an advantage. Green has been on vet min or BAE level deals since 2017. Turns 37 before the season starts. At least it is a one year deal.

Jeff Green is a pro's pro and still very productive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
He’d probably start for us at the 4
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
I see Powell is back for 3 years/$12 million. Not a bad deal for a reliable backup.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply

My guess:

Either the Mavs are working with him for a sign-and-trade and he is grateful for it.

or..

He agrees with an 8M 2-year deal with team option  Big Grin
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:11 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Jeff Green is a pro's pro and still very productive.

So is Powell. Doesn´t mean that I want them to play big minutes. Typical case of a championship boost. In the regular season a lot of Nuggets fans complained about his minutes but now it´s all forgotten. I guess you can get away with 28% from 3 when you make the important one to close out a playoff series.

(07-01-2023, 08:16 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: My guess:

Either the Mavs are working with him for a sign-and-trade and he is grateful for it.

or..

He agrees with an 8M 2-year deal with team option  Big Grin

If he wants to return I would offer him less money than Powell. Just to send a message Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply