Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
According to Stein: the center market is waiting on Lopez to sign. If he signs in Houston it will start a domino effect.

If Lopez sign in Houston, I would think Bamba would try for Milwaukee.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:18 PM)cow Wrote: All we have is back-ups.  Smile

I wonder if they are interested in anyone obtainable.  That list seems pretty short.  Zubac?

Agree. But another back-up doesn't solve that Smile
Like Reply
Following on Twitter when it works

Seems like stein said Dallas had some interest in Jaxson Hayes. Mentioned Drummond interest was real but they couldn’t find a way to dump McGee.

Said Dallas was looking at wings and mentioned Brroks and Williams. Also Thybulle but restricted complicated things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:15 PM)Tyler Wrote: Stein mentioned on his radio show that Dallas would likely need to eliminate 2 centers for a FA center to be interested in signing here. With Lively as the future and Holmes/McGee/Powell (probably) around, there's just not any guarantee of minutes. That's probably why Drummond stayed in Chicago.

LOL.

I don´t know what´s funnier, that the Mavs think Holmes/McGee/Powell are a center rotation or that they can find/identify CENTERS with such a low self-esteem that they don´t think they can earn minutes against Holmes/McGee/Powell. Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Ok. Personally, I don't want Bamba as our starting center. And we have a back-up. That is why I am not sure it makes sense to sign him.

I would take Bamba over Holmes or McGee. And thinking about the Drummond rumors they clearly are looking for a bigger body. Sometimes I just fall into despair over the Mavs talent/player evaluation.
If they want a dinosaur. Why not take the one that can at least shoot from 3.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:15 PM)Tyler Wrote: Stein mentioned on his radio show that Dallas would likely need to eliminate 2 centers for a FA center to be interested in signing here. With Lively as the future and Holmes/McGee/Powell (probably) around, there's just not any guarantee of minutes. That's probably why Drummond stayed in Chicago.

Holmes and McGee need to go, if Mavs are to upgrade at C. One of Hardaway or Bullock also, to have minutes for both Curry and Hardy.

A package of THJ, Holmes, McGee adds up to about 35M.

I still want to see Mavs get Gafford with Holmes, McGee, or both outgoing. But so far, no indication that getting DG would be a possibility at all.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Hayes and Bridges. Great fit next to Kidd. Not...
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Per Stein, the Mavs are not interested in Bamba (or Nurkic).

I didn't interpret what he said that way. I heard it as they like Bamba and would be interested, but they already have a lot of centers which ties into him later mentioning the Mavs would have to move a couple of their existing centers to be able to convince a FA big to come here because as the roster currently stands, there's no guarantee that any center minutes would be available.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:23 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Following on Twitter when it works

Seems like stein said Dallas had some interest in Jaxson Hayes.  Mentioned Drummond interest was real but they couldn’t find a way to dump McGee.

Said Dallas was looking at wings and mentioned Brroks and Williams.  Also Thybulle but restricted complicated things.

Terrance and Seth were my pet cats for the offseason.  Still a little shocked that Seth came back.
Like Reply

Oh. So it is not just my computer?
Like Reply

Seems like stein said Dallas had some interest in Jaxson Hayes.  Mentioned Drummond interest was real but they couldn’t find a way to dump McGee.

Said Dallas was looking at wings and mentioned Brroks and Williams.  Also Thybulle but restricted complicated things.

Who the fuck cares about McGee? Seriously. So Cuban still broke or what?

You take your last 2nd round pick, you call the Wizards and they probably give you some Gallinari on top, too.

What kind of team gets hung up on that dumb McGee contract.

Mavs 2022 FA: Sign McGee.
Mavs 2023 FA: Can´t sign anybody cause of McGee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:24 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I didn't interpret what he said that way. I heard it as they like Bamba and would be interested, but they already have a lot of centers which ties into him later mentioning the Mavs would have to move a couple of their existing centers to be able to convince a FA big to come here because as the roster currently stands, there's no guarantee that any center minutes would be available.

You might be right. I got it it from twitter Aggregation.
Like Reply
Sounds like upgrade big wing is first priority.

Then they see if THJ can get us a center somehow.

and we'll have also have the rest of the season to upgrade there if Holmes is washed
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 08:42 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Free agent center Jaxson Hayes has agreed to a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1675135498879217664

I think young reclamation projects are always a good investment for the vet minimum.

Jackson Hayes seems like an excellent lottery ticket.  I follow the Pelicans as well and he has been terrible for them.  Extraordinarily low IQ player on defense.  He is a talented finisher because of elite size and athleticism but can't really shoot.  He also had a domestic violence issue so his stock was really low.  However, the size and athleticism are extraordinary and he's still just a kid.  He still has the potential to become a good rotation player in the NBA.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:26 PM)omahen Wrote: Oh. So it is not just my computer?

Yesterday Musk disabled the reading function for people that do not have a Twitter account, so I assume some hackers are now having some fun with him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yesterday Musk disabled the reading function for people that do not have a Twitter account, so I assume some hackers are now having some fun with him.

Also limiting the number of tweets you can see even if you have an account.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
What are the odds that McGee is on the team to start the season? I'm guessing he gets stretch waived if they can't dump him on someone else.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:26 PM)omahen Wrote: Oh. So it is not just my computer?

Elon put a rate limit in place. Unverified users can only view 600 tweets per day. Verified can do 6000 or something like that. It's just Elon further sabotaging his own app. I already got rate limited just scrolling for news the last hour or so.
[-] The following 3 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 01:29 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yesterday Musk disabled the reading function for people that do not have a Twitter account, so I assume some hackers are now having some fun with him.

Ah, ok. My computer has some restrictions and I thought it was that messing with twitter. It worked a couple of hours ago.

I thought the reading function was disabled for a while now. I know, because I had to log-in all of a sudden some weeks or months ago
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’ve never been as high on Nurkic as some in this community, but I wonder what kind of deal you could get on him right about now?

I think Nurkic would be a useful starter here for 2 years while Lively develops.  He's a dinosaur on the decline but would still be our best center and fill a big need.  He remains an above-average defensive player.  He's also a strong rebounder.  He's a liability on offense but overall, still a useful player.

A Bullock and McGee trade for Nurkic should would under the cap and provides both teams with something useful.  We would have a decent starting center for 2 years and Portland would free up space when Bullock's contract expires next Summer.
Like Reply