Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
(07-01-2023, 11:00 AM)Luka77 Wrote: Dame has requested a trade
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...45249?s=20

Two things strike me about this:

1) contrary to what’s being debated in this thread, the Grant overpay was ABSOLUTELY because it’s what Dame wanted. Kind of sorry of him to string them along until now, imo. Just tell them right away so they can go into free agency with a plan. 

2) Chris Haynes has been orbiting Dame for YEARS, just to be the one who gets to break THIS story. Crazy that Shams is the one who broke it.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:30 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Interesting.  Looking forward to see how good he is.

Man, the West is tough.  Maybe not many elite teams but every team is looking to win right now.   Portland may be switching gears and San Antonio may take the long road.  But SA will obviously be much better.

Yeah, if I am Grant I say no take backs.   I think I understand the modern player game plan....take the money and then worry about getting to a new spot.  I am not giving that money back.   It will be an interesting conversation if Portland tries to back away before the deal is official.

I know man. The West is really tough. You have to ask yourself did we do enough to keep pace?  That's the 64-dollar question.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:30 AM)Chicagojk Wrote:

Yeah, if I am Grant I say no take backs.   I think I understand the modern player game plan....take the money and then worry about getting to a new spot.  I am not giving that money back.   It will be an interesting conversation if Portland tries to back away before the deal is official.

Nah they won´t. I meant, when the Mavs trade for him. Tongue Wink

I think Presti actually views Bertans as the missing piece to the puzzle. He´ll most definitely be in the young superstar trade the Thunder will try to pull off to start competing in earnest. Everything is in place now. Team too good to tank.
Like Reply
Now I know why Miami let Vincent, and Strus walk, and traded Oladipo. Clearing space for Dame.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:  
I know man. The West is really tough. You have to ask yourself did we do enough to keep pace?  That's the 64-dollar question.

I think Dallas is where they were last year.  Worst case is 11th-ish.  Best case is 3rdish.    Last year everything went wrong.   I am worried about getting better now but also having internal growth moving forward.  I like the internal growth they have invested in (we will see about the rookies), but would like to see some more win now type of players added this summer.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:18 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Just to be clear you all hammered the Blazers for how f******* stupid that Jerami Grant contract is. Big Grin Wink

I’m Grant’s biggest fan, and I think it’s an overpay. Even more so now that Portland needs to bottom out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Kind of a sorry move by Lillard to not only let Portland pay Grant but also leak to Shams he only wants to go to the Heat.

Can Portland get both 1st rd picks MIami has to offer + Herro?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:36 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Nah they won´t. I meant, when the Mavs trade for him. Tongue Wink

I think Presti actually views Bertans as the missing piece to the puzzle. He´ll most definitely be in the young superstar trade the Thunder will try to pull off to start competing in earnest. Everything is in place now. Team too good to tank.

I think I read that he will use Bertans next year with someone like Dort to get a star.   It was just speculation, but it makes sense.  Although OKC may not need a star if their youngsters keep improving.

(07-01-2023, 11:36 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Now I know why Miami let Vincent, and Strus walk, and traded Oladipo. Clearing space for Dame.

It just feels like Brooklyn can beat the pretty easily with assets.  Although we are talking about a team who someone manufactured room to get Jimmy Butler.   Somehow they actually got someone to take that big center from a few years ago.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:38 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Kind of a sorry move by Lillard to not only let Portland pay Grant but also leak to Shams he only wants to go to the Heat.

Can Portland get both 1st rd picks MIami has to offer + Herro?

They better get that plus their last two first round picks.   I just think Brooklyn has better picks and similar young players.   I wouldn't be thrilled with Herro as a centerpiece.  I like him but sort of creates a log jam in Portland.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:34 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Two things strike me about this:

1) contrary to what’s being debated in this thread, the Grant overpay was ABSOLUTELY because it’s what Dame wanted. Kind of sorry of him to string them along until now, imo. Just tell them right away so they can go into free agency with a plan. 

2) Chris Haynes has been orbiting Dame for YEARS, just to be the one who gets to break THIS story. Crazy that Shams is the one who broke it.

1.  Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense that he requested the trade today after the start of new CBA.  Cap teams can only match 110% were as before they could match 125% (this will affect any trade to Miami) on Friday.  Does anyone know that if he is included in a trade that has yet to be formerly announced that it goes back to the 125% trade match, like perhaps the Mavs trade with OKC?

2. Hayes and Shams broke the news at the same time, I believe.  I just happened to be following Shams at that time.
Like Reply
Looks like @droppingdimes02 is the legit return of @droppingdimes20

Also, Grant is the guy. Make it happen.
[-] The following 2 users Like soog's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
If I’m Portland, I’m asking for DRAFT CAPITAL. I bet we’re about see guys like Herro get traded for 1sts that Miami can include in this deal.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:44 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: They better get that plus their last two first round picks.   I just think Brooklyn has better picks and similar young players.   I wouldn't be thrilled with Herro as a centerpiece.  I like him but sort of creates a log jam in Portland.

Agreed

but there was a subsequent tweet that he wants to go to Miami only.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
If we can somehow get Thybulle out of Portlands rubble that should be the goal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, soog, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:53 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Agreed

but there was a subsequent tweet that he wants to go to Miami only.

Yeah, it will be interesting how much Portland honors his wishes.   Having him pick 2-3 teams seems fair and then let Portland take the best offer.  But Dame has been the face of the franchise there and I wonder if they wind up taking less just to get him to Miami?
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yeah, it will be interesting how much Portland honors his wishes.   Having him pick 2-3 teams seems fair and then let Portland take the best offer.  But Dame has been the face of the franchise there and I wonder if they wind up taking less just to get him to Miami?

Good point.  I'm sure they don't want to piss off their all-time franchise player, any more than they already have.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 11:59 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: If we can somehow get Thybulle out of Portlands rubble that should be the goal.

I’ve never been as high on Nurkic as some in this community, but I wonder what kind of deal you could get on him right about now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
What’s Bostons cap/tax situation?

On Reddit, I’m seeing Boston fans say that if a team just offers Grant Williams the MLE, they probably match.

We can’t offer more. Boston wouldn’t be interested in a sign and trade for more money either right? Since they’d be letting him go because $16-18 million AAV is not doable in their current situation.
Like Reply
So, how do we come away with Jerami Grant, Thybulle, and a decent place-holder starting center (Bamba? Zubac? Thies? We're talking center by committee in any event)? Consolation prize is the other Grant and those other two players.
Like Reply
The money these teams are doling out is insane. Desmond Bane is now the highest-paid Grizzly at 5yrs/207. which trumps their franchise player Ja Morant 5/193. F V V 3/130 If my math is right, that's 43 mil per. And he was undrafted! Tyrese Haliburton 5/260, Jerami Grant, 5/160. Kyrie's 3/126 is a bargain compared to those. The owners have to be making bank as well to pay out these deals.
Like Reply