Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Booker Likes NYK? Vogel Out? Suns Imploding?
(06-30-2023, 09:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I would Zubac is an ideal center for the Mavs. 

Morris is the cost of getting off of THJ+Bullock and he fills the need for a defensive minded 4 that can score a bit.

Plus we have his brother here, and he's spoken a lot on how much he loved playing with Kyrie. Lots of smoke there.

I don't think any center who can trivially be played off the floor in the playoffs is ideal for the Mavs.

And Morris is pretty much washed now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:56 PM)Branduil Wrote: I don't think any center who can trivially be played off the floor in the playoffs is ideal for the Mavs.

Zubac will make $11m this year and $11.7m next year. That's cheap even if he does get played off the court occasionally
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Wizards are trading guard Monte Morris to the Pistons, sources tell
@TheAthletic@Stadium

(06-30-2023, 09:56 PM)Branduil Wrote: I don't think any center who can trivially be played off the floor in the playoffs is ideal for the Mavs.

Which center doesn't get played off the floor in the playoffs? By my count there are only 3 and all are superstars who aren't going anywhere.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Zubac is the kind of center you need to get through the regular season healthy though. You need a big to soak up minutes and preserve Maxi. His 11 million salary doesn't handicap you if he ends up playing less as the playoffs go on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Don’t care about regular season. Zubs would be more of the same. If that’s what we got Kyrie cheap for, give me a break.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:22 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Seth would be great on games decided on the free throw line.

He would not. Despite his glittering FT pct overall, he has a long and consistent history (both in Dallas, and since) of being an incredible FT brickmaster in the last minute when trying to close out games. It's a sad truth, but you can't depend on him for that at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Miami is trading Victor Oladipo to Oklahoma City, sources tell
@TheAthletic@Stadium

@johnhollinger
Wording of new CBA is a little confusing in this section, but I believe this trade also gets Heat far enough under 2nd apron to legally sign-and-trade Max Strus.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 10:40 PM)F Gump Wrote: He would not. Despite his glittering FT pct overall, he has a long and consistent history (both in Dallas, and since) of being an incredible FT brickmaster in the last minute when trying to close out games. It's a sad truth, but you can't depend on him for that at all.
I remember that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 10:55 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I remember that.

Remember them subbing him in against Houston just for FTs.  He split a pair with 5 seconds left then Harden made a FT and intentionally missed the second.  Covington got the board and forced OT, where the Mavs lost.
Like Reply
BREAKING: All-Star G Tyrese Haliburton and the Indiana Pacers are agreed on a five-year, designated maximum contract extension that could be worth up to $260 million, his agents Dave Spahn and Aaron Mintz of
@CAASports
tell ESPN. Haliburton is fully the franchise cornerstone now.
Like Reply
BREAKING: Memphis Grizzlies G Desmond Bane has agreed on a five-year, $207M max contract extension, his agents Jim Tanner, Max Wiepking and Terrence Felder of
@_Tandemse
tell ESPN. Grizzlies’ cornerstone players — Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr., and Bane — are secured long-term
Like Reply
Probably an overpay, but considering the market, it's a good move by Memphis. That's a solid core if Ja gets his head right.
Like Reply
Jaren Jackson Jr needs a better agent. Bane got twice as much.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
The best part of tonight is that I know Dan’s secret Twitter handle now!
Like Reply
Hmmmm…IGT might get his wish.

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1675002496161402880?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ

I’d assume THJ is gone gone for sure if even this interest is true, let alone a signing.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:09 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hmmmm…IGT might get his wish.

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1675002496161402880?s=61&t=Zmns3TEXDYnIJIXeN05-eQ

I’d assume THJ is gone gone for sure if even this interest is true, let alone a signing.

I'm hoping IGT got his wish with the Seth trade.   Then we are a draft pick away from having the KP nightmare behind us.
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:09 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hmmmm…IGT might get his wish.

I might get back to being a season ticket holder if that happens. Especially if they can pull off Brooks and GWill.

Our playoff first round matchup being Memphis and Brooks helps put them away. We then get to the finals against the Celtics and GWill helps put them away!
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:14 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Our playoff first round matchup being Memphis and Brooks helps put them away. We then get to the finals against the Celtics and GWill helps put them away!

Think you are forgetting someone.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952md1i28wegh684gb1eg...y.gif&ct=s]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:12 AM)cow Wrote: I'm hoping IGT got his wish with the Seth trade.   Then we are a draft pick away from having the KP nightmare behind us.
Yes, the Seth signing looks good for a THJ trade. I lean towards KL’s side though in that I hope the return isn’t Ayton, but all signs point to that being the case. In terms of balancing the roster, it does at least do that. Would be wonderful if he came here and redefined himself as a defense first C too. Oh, and learned to throw his muscle around (is he seriously the largest wimp in the NBA?). 

GWill for MLE (is the TPE thing under effect this year where we can send Bos the 30 SRP? and a TPE?) and THJ for Brooks SnT. Make it happen Nico!
Like Reply
(07-01-2023, 12:21 AM)cow Wrote: Think you are forgetting someone.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952md1i28wegh684gb1eg...y.gif&ct=s]
Ya, he’s going to be our 15 mpg starter…again. All of our C’s are gonna get about that many minutes with Maxi getting a few as well. Unless…Ayton.

This is why I was high on guys like Hartenstein and Gafford (I like Zubac too). They are good enough that Powell starting over them isn’t in question.

I can live with Powell starting again if we pick up Brooks and GWill. That however would mean Green comes off the bench. I’m fine with that, and if he can’t shake the timidness, he’ll be fine with that too.
Like Reply