Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Stein-Ingram Trade Inevitable| LAL Want Lebron Back On Any Terms
Maybe we were getting a little carried away with how many minutes Hardy will play this year.
Like Reply
The real question is, where is McGee getting dumped?

Stein all but confirmed McGee isn't viewed in the teams plans so he has to be moved somewhere. I hear HOU has a lot of money to burn and is looking for a center lol
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Seth would be great on games decided on the free throw line.

I hated the time when the whole team (specially THJ) bricking free throws.

Now the Mavs have Kyrie and Seth for these type of play scenarios where the other team is fouling.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:10 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Im trying to figure out lineups where he makes sense though.  Small and cant guard next to Luka and Kyrie.  We were thinking Hardy would have the bench microwave scorer role.

Lets say Kyrie/Josh Green/Luka start.

Hardy/Seth/Bullock off the bench?

Hardy might be on the move for a big trade
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • Reunion Mav, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Secondary question for cap experts:

Is the "Bi" Annual Exception also when you can hook up with your own/opposite gender once a year without being considered 100% gay/straight?

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:10 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Hardy/Seth/Bullock off the bench?

Hardy isn't terrible defensively.
Bullock is.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:16 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Maybe we were getting a little carried away with how many minutes Hardy will play this year.

He’s the 3rd point guard, by my count. Right now, at least. I think he’ll get some chances.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:23 PM)MFFL Wrote: Hardy might be on the move for a big trade

Make it happen, Nico

[Image: Raptors-forward-Pascal-Siakam-not-extend...adline.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
@johnhollinger
@johnhollinger
Wondering if this is a prelude to an imminent multi-team trade involving a certain bearded guard.

Koprivica's rights could be used as the touch on one of the peripheral teams.

Quote:@AndrewGreif

The Clippers have also sent cash to Detroit for the draft rights to Balsa Koprivica, per source.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
76ers need a shooting guard, right?

Although I guess they could just get Norman Powell straight from LA instead of a convoluted THJ trade.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He’s the 3rd point guard, by my count. Right now, at least. I think he’ll get some chances.

I think both he and Seth share the 3rd ballhandler role.
Both aren't good enough to be backup PGs, but can ably fill up spot minutes at PG when they have to.
Not ideal for long stretches, but if the Mavs get a couple of more guys who can dribble better than THJ or RB (more on the Green level of handles), then not having a third PG can work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:13 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: This tells a lot.

1. They've got plans for the MLE.
2. THJ is gone.
3. A bigger trade is eminent that is neutral financially that allows for both the MLE and BAE to be used.

It's like Mavs Sudoku.

Putting the pieces together with rumors....

Harden to LAC almost has to be a done deal. They probably need a 3rd team though to make sure the salaries all match (I assume have not done the math at all).

But could there be 3 team trade where the Mavs send off THJ+Bullock to either PHI or LAC and they get handsomely rewarded with Zubac+Markieff Morris?

That adds up to 27 mil. So does Bullock+THJ
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:23 PM)MFFL Wrote: Hardy might be on the move for a big trade

He better not be.
[-] The following 3 users Like Branduil's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:35 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I think both he and Seth share the 3rd ballhandler role.
Both aren't good enough to be backup PGs, but can ably fill up spot minutes at PG when they have to.
Not ideal for long stretches, but if the Mavs get a couple of more guys who can dribble better than THJ or RB (more on the Green level of handles), then not having a third PG can work.

But the difference is that, to me, handling the ball is Hardy’s way to earn his place in the league and a good second contract.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Putting the pieces together with rumors....

Harden to LAC almost has to be a done deal. They probably need a 3rd team though to make sure the salaries all match (I assume have not done the math at all).

But could there be 3 team trade where the Mavs send off THJ+Bullock to either PHI or LAC and they get handsomely rewarded with Zubac+Markieff Morris?

The BAE hard caps Dallas at $172mm for 23/24.  So, anyone designing trades needs to bear that in mind.

Sorry I can’t contribute more tonight.  Internet where I am keeps going in and out.  Maddening. I wasn’t thinking about this when I booked the trip.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He's definitely going to come in for the final 5 minutes of the 1st and play until 8 mins left in the 2nd with the 2nd unit. Which means he'll be next to either 1 of Kyrie or Luka.

As long as he's surrounded by 2 big wings (say OMP/Green/whoever they sign for the MLE) then Seth fits like a glove as the teams secondary ball handler. 

Start:
Luka
Kyrie
???
Maxi
????

1st subs= Seth/Green/OMP

I feel the need to inform you that Luka/Kyrie/HARDY will be our 3 leading scorers. 75+ ppg combined.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Putting the pieces together with rumors....

I would not describe Zubac and Morris as "handsomely rewarded"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's incredible value for Seth imo.

44% career 3pt shooter, already established chemistry with Luka. Sure he doesn't have the defensive chops, but thats like trying to eat soup with a very fancy knife. Wrong tool.

Hes going to finally bring some consistent shooting and I think this definitely means both THJ and Bullock are outta here.

He shoots better than Bertans who missed so many big opportunity shots. Seth is far more clutch and neither play defense. Not many 44% shooters also play defense.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But the difference is that, to me, handling the ball is Hardy’s way to earn his place in the league and a good second contract.

I think if Hardy is with Seth, he becomes the PG, thus more ballhandling and PG duties for him.
The only other time I can see him handle the ball would be -- when a play calls for Luka or Kyrie to go off-ball (which I suspect wouldn't be a lot).

I'd like to think that Hardy realizes that the best way to earn more minutes is him learning how to play defense. I don't think he is bad at it, but if he gets it defensively, he is going to play a lot. I say this since even a shoot-only guard like Seth can trump him on offense (depending on the Mavs designs). For Hardy to play a lot, he should be significantly better than Seth in all aspects, but more so defensively (which shouldn't be hard to do).
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 09:45 PM)Branduil Wrote: I would not describe Zubac and Morris as "handsomely rewarded"

I would Zubac is an ideal center for the Mavs. 

Morris is the cost of getting off of THJ+Bullock and he fills the need for a defensive minded 4 that can score a bit.

Plus we have his brother here, and he's spoken a lot on how much he loved playing with Kyrie. Lots of smoke there.
Like Reply