Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Paul George to Test Free Agency After No Contract Extension
(1 hour ago)DallasMaverick Wrote: Do you think both Harden and George will be Clippers next season?  If so, at what price for each of them?

I do. I’m more sure about Harden than PG, but I think George has a max (or near enough to basically be a max, kind of like Kyrie’s deal) waiting for him right now from Philly. I think that will be enough to coax what he wants out of LAC. 

Basically, if he’s not a Clipper, my hunch is that it will be because he wants out, not because they want rid of him (though it will be easy to posture it the opposite way to their fans).
Like Reply
@esidery
The Clippers have made multiple contract offers to Paul George below the max, which he will not accept, per @ShamsCharania on @RunItBackFDTV.

Los Angeles wants to keep George, but he appears heading towards unrestricted free agency this summer.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I listened to a good podcast recently stating there is at least arguable point about trying to get Harden, Kawhi, and George all back on the same page next year. The argument is fairly simple. They open a new arena.

It's generally considered a fan-disaster to open a new arena to losing, rebuilding team.

I sort of get the money aspect, no matter how much I think it's a bad decision otherwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(53 minutes ago)Winter Wrote: I listened to a good podcast recently stating there is at least arguable point about trying to get Harden, Kawhi, and George all back on the same page next year. The argument is fairly simple. They open a new arena.

It's generally considered a fan-disaster to open a new arena to losing, rebuilding team.

I sort of get the money aspect, no matter how much I think it's a bad decision otherwise.

I think they have to go that route.   They have no other clear direction.  it looks like Paul George is going to make them sweat and wants the biggest deal possible.  He has the leverage though as probably two teams are going to offer him the max.   They are pretty much stuck with Harden.  Not the worst thing but still.   They probably would have difficulty getting good value back for Leonard.   When he is healthy he is great.  He just has been injured and the Clippers have tried every option they can to keep him healthy.   

I read the Clippers were willing to discuss George in some trades this year.   So, George probably knows that.   If he leaves, they are in a world of hurt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Winter
Like Reply