Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
Interesting we’re clamoring for Johnson and he wasn’t immediately picked up by any team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 01:29 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Interesting we’re clamoring for Johnson and he wasn’t immediately picked up by any team.

On the one hand I agree with you, on the other hand McGee.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 01:29 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Interesting we’re clamoring for Johnson and he wasn’t immediately picked up by any team.

He could have been claimed on waivers by any team who wanted him. If he was high value, you'd think that would have happened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Kidnova
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 03:40 PM)cow Wrote: I wonder what Dirk is up to.

Trying to walk after his kids without falling down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes luka_skywalker_77's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 01:37 AM)F Gump Wrote: He could have been claimed on waivers by any team who wanted him. If he was high value, you'd think that would have happened.
Guess his defense is not as advertised? Cause if it is, that is the biggest size guy we can get as a wing defender.
Like Reply
They just waived Silva, so there's still hope.  They need to do something.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 03:11 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They just waived Silva, so there's still hope.  They need to do something.

That is for Holiday
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 03:19 AM)omahen Wrote: That is for Holiday

Ok, thanks. Still need a big wing. Can't expect Green to carry the load on D, and it remains to be seen if Holiday will help.
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 03:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Ok, thanks. Still need a big wing. Can't expect Green to carry the load on D, and it remains to be seen if Holiday will help.

Still need a big - someone please buy out one for us - and Johnson would be nice. Pinson, Morris, and Frank the cutting candidates.
Like Reply
Pinson isn't likely to be jettisoned. Besides being the team cheerleader, he's Kyrie's guy. (That may be why he's suddenly getting minutes in a puzzling amount.) You certainly want your stars to like the neighborhood they live in, and even more so when they are about to make a decision whether to stay or leave.
[-] The following 4 users Like F Gump's post:
  • AgGiE1991, BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, MFFL
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 11:26 AM)F Gump Wrote: Pinson isn't likely to be jettisoned. Besides being the team cheerleader, he's Kyrie's guy. (That may be why he's suddenly getting minutes in a puzzling amount.) You certainly want your stars to like the neighborhood they live in, and even more so when they are about to make a decision whether to stay or leave.

(02-14-2023, 08:23 AM)Smitty Wrote: Would much rather see Frank than Pinson. The only thing I can come up with for Pinson's newfound playing time is that he is really good friends with Kyrie? Trying to make Kyrie happy that his friend plays ball with him? I don't know what else to say.

I said the same thing yesterday, it's the only way to make sense of it, right??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(02-15-2023, 10:35 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Still need a big - someone please buy out one for us - and Johnson would be nice. Pinson, Morris, and Frank the cutting candidates.

As bad as Frank is on offense, his defense is too valuable on a team desperate for defense to drop.  I think he makes a lot of sense as Green's backup as he is the only other legit point of attack defender on the team.  As bad as his offense is he still has a positive net rating because of his defense and they hide him offensively with guys like Wood, Din (now Kai), Timmy and Luka.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
https://theathletic.com/4210496/2023/02/...ct-buyout/
Like Reply
(02-16-2023, 07:12 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: https://theathletic.com/4210496/2023/02/...ct-buyout/

Lots of teams will want him. A big man who can shoot is still fairly rare, even if they’re broken down and washed.
Like Reply
(02-16-2023, 07:12 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: https://theathletic.com/4210496/2023/02/...ct-buyout/

Mavs: We are interested.
Love: I sign with X.
Mavs: We were never interested.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Article says Miami is the only team currently seriously interested in Love. 

They desperately need shooting and size. Can't imagine he goes anywhere else really.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-16-2023, 09:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Article says Miami is the only team currently seriously interested in Love.

Respectfully, it doesn't really say that they are the only team with interest. The article offers no comment on the level of interest of other teams. It just focuses on why MIA is likely to be a team who wants him, and says they are "expected to emerge as a suitor..." for Love if/when he is available. I only mention this for the benefit of those unable to read it.

And as we know with the Ross-to-Dallas reports, the market for a player can turn out to have been much different than the early reports have talked about.

Mavs interest? The fact that he's a PF who can make 3s and rebound certainly could appeal to Dallas in some ways (he's a really plus rebounder). However, his inability to play defense is problematic, especially when the Mavs badly need help on that end of the floor.
Like Reply
One aspect I always wondered about is whether these buyouts can actually have a contractually stipulated exclusion list.

I´m the Cavs, I don´t necessarily want Love on an EC play-off team. Don´t care much, where he goes in the West. Chances are miniscule the Cavs make the NBA finals and see Love´s WC team there. Not so small there could be a Cavs/Heat 1st round series for example.
Like Reply
(02-16-2023, 11:15 AM)F Gump Wrote: Respectfully, it doesn't really say that they are the only team with interest. The article offers no comment on the level of interest of other teams. It just focuses on why MIA is likely to be a team who wants him, and says they are "expected to emerge as a suitor..." for Love if/when he is available. I only mention this for the benefit of those unable to read it.

Very true. My bad for misrepresenting it. Didn't intend to.

(02-16-2023, 11:15 AM)F Gump Wrote: Mavs interest? The fact that he's a PF who can make 3s and rebound certainly could appeal to Dallas in some ways (he's a really plus rebounder). However, his inability to play defense is problematic, especially when the Mavs badly need help on that end of the floor.

I'm largely in line with your thinking, although I look and wonder about the fact that Love has already won a ring with Irving and the potential established chemistry they share. 

Love can also still score in bunches and has been praised about how good of a locker room guy he is. I can see the appeal. 

I just don't know who to waive. I still want to see Morris before writing him off as he theoretically fills a position of need. Theo Pinson has ingrained himself on this team (which is a testament to how it doesn't matter what you know but who you know). Frank is bad, but he can play defense. 

At this point since Kidd has done everything in his power to cast off Wood, would they just waive him and sign Love? At least Love will be happy to play 15 mins a game at the end of every quarter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
We absolutely need to sign Love and make him the starting 5. Completely remove Powell from the rotation. I've given up on the Mavs and Wood making things work. He's just a microwave off the bench. At least Love can rebound and hit the 3. He may be half the player the used to be, but that's still 100% better than Powell will ever be. As far as who to cut, I'm not sure, but they need to make it happen. We need another big asap.

Also he might benefit from reuniting with Kyrie.
Like Reply