Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
(02-11-2023, 06:51 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: The player I am most interested in seeing on the court making his debut for the Mavs is not on the buyout list...  he is on our roster!  I want to know what the deal is with Morris.  Is he recovering from something?  Has he just lost his game?  He fits the bill as a big wing better than any of the other players we have available, and he has been quoted as being excited about getting playing time here.  It seems he has just been stuck behind some guys the last two seasons, but WHY?  Can he still play?  Because he would fill a need...

He missed most of 21/22 after Jokic gave him a taste of his own medicine. Overall it seems like he isn´t quick enough for the big wing role anymore. Leading to a transition towards a small ball big role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 07:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He missed most of 21/22 after Jokic gave him a taste of his own medicine. Overall it seems like he isn´t quick enough for the big wing role anymore. Leading to a transition towards a small ball big role.

OMG! I forgot about the Jokic hit that put him out most of the season!  Is he still affected by that?  I still want to see if he can play or not, or maybe he is the guy who gets waived for a second buyout over Frank.  Seems we are seriously thin at big wing/PF spot, since they won't play Wood there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsfan12's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
I just ran the numbers.  If you take 3fg% and subtract the opponent's 3fg%, it gives you a 3fg% +/-.  Ross would lead the Mavs.

Ross -- 38.1, 28.4, +9.7
Green -- 41.5, 35.2, +6.3
Wood -- 37.7, 32.8, +4.9
Bullock -- 37.5, 32.7, +4.8
Kleber -- 36.9, 33.2, +3.7
Hardaway -- 35.2, 32.5, +2.7
Kyrie -- 37.6, 35.2, +2.4
Luka -- 35.3, 33.2, +2.1
Bertans -- 38.1, 36.9, +1.2
Hardy -- 32.8, 32.3, +0.5
Frank -- 21.7, 35.6, -13.9

I've give Ross all of Frank's and Bertans' minutes, roughly 22 minutes.

(02-11-2023, 08:27 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: OMG! I forgot about the Jokic hit that put him out most of the season!  Is he still affected by that?  I still want to see if he can play or not, or maybe he is the guy who gets waived for a second buyout over Frank.  Seems we are seriously thin at big wing/PF spot, since they won't play Wood there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8T53X_fx0

I love me some Joker.
Like Reply
Ross apparently going to Phoenix instead
Like Reply
LOL the Mavs can't even get mediocre buyout guys now.

Toxic organization
Like Reply
Any good coaches available on the buyout market?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 12:27 AM)DrMav Wrote: Ross apparently going to Phoenix instead

Don´t care. Get Bitadze. Small sample size alert, but in 200 minutes his on/off reb% is +11.1 and even the blk% improves with him on the floor,  despite being on a team with Myles Turner. Net Rtg of +6.5. We need a rim protector more than another shooter.

We played the whole 2nd half without THJ. Did anyone miss his shooting? Nope.

People here grossly overrated Ross´ shooting percentage, too. He´s shot over 35.1% from three twice since 2017. Exactly the same as THJ and if his volume goes up, his percentages go down. He´s a carbon copy of THJ.
Like Reply
Eh not a big deal...maybe they can get Will Barton, who might even be better
Like Reply
there are quite a few good players in the buyout market, don't look down upon them imho. some of our dudes would've got cut multiple times if playing on other teams. let alone financial considerations, our team would get better and deeper if we replace half of our squad with buyout players.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 01:10 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: there are quite a few good players in the buyout market, don't look down upon them imho. some of our dudes would've got cut multiple times if playing on other teams. let alone financial considerations, our team would get better and deeper if we replace half of our squad with buyout players.
We need another clearing of the swamp trade this year.
Like Reply
Honestly, I'm not that impressed with Terrence Ross.  I'm hoping that Alec Burks gets bought out.  He would be perfect here.  I also like Will Barton.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16246..._r74stAAAA

This one stings a bit. Ross was like number 3 on my board. I thought he'd fit perfectly behind THJ and take up the Pinson minutes. 

But I ain't losing that much sleep over it. Will Barton, Danny Green, and hopefully Alec Burks are all similar and can fill that role. 

Suns gave him a bigger opportunity which is hard to turn down.

Also:
https://twitter.com/MavsPlsWin/status/16...1399160834
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 01:28 AM)Mavs03 Wrote: Honestly, I'm not that impressed with Terrence Ross.  I'm hoping that Alec Burks gets bought out.  He would be perfect here.  I also like Will Barton.

Detroit is not buying out Burks. He has another year on his deal. They already said they're keeping him unless plans change later.
Like Reply
Not concerned about missing out on Ross. More concerned about the message. Would be really frustrating if ring chasing vets continue to ignore the Mavs.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 07:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not concerned about missing out on Ross. More concerned about the message. Would be really frustrating if ring chasing vets continue to ignore the Mavs.

I wonder how much of an impact these buyout moves really have. Would be an interesting topic of analysis and conversation. I assume we have a very skewed perspective due to a certain Peja Stojakovic.
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 07:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Would be really frustrating if ring chasing vets continue to ignore the Mavs.

Well to be fair, if I am a ring chaser, Mavs are not really near the top of my list Smile
Like Reply
I saw somewhere it was possible Rudy Gay would be bought out. I doubt it since he has a player option but that would be a good fit. I’m fine with Green or Barton too
Like Reply
Just opens up old wounds…a player you were interested in and hear their new owner and coach got involved and closed the deal.  

Reggie Jackson to Denver is a nice signing.

Just a quick thought…I would Denver and Phoenix as the clear favorites in the west.   Memphis, clippers, Dallas and golden state (they need to get going though) as the next grouping.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Most of these buyout candidates' first question is how much they will play.? Reggie Jackson is signing with Denver more than likely because they told him he would be Jamal Murray's backup, after trading Bones Hyland to the Clipps. Same with Terrance Ross to Phoenix. He will get minutes. These guys can still play.  None of these guys want to be bought out and spend most of their time on the bench with DNP-CD's and token minutes here and there.. Some want specific roles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 10:14 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Just opens up old wounds…a player you were interested in and hear their new owner and coach got involved and closed the deal.  

Reggie Jackson to Denver is a nice signing.

Just a quick thought…I would Denver and Phoenix as the clear favorites in the west.   Memphis, clippers, Dallas and golden state (they need to get going though) as the next grouping.
I would group them all in the same tier. Denver needs to show they’re ready to represent the West and they can only do that in the playoffs. Phoenix has old man Paul who is getting older by the minute and ill-fitting Ayton, with no 5th starter and less than no bench. Booker and KD can only do so much.
Like Reply