Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
The only way to sign him is to say his name 10x fast without making mistakes.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 06:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Would be fine with him replacing Wright as a two way. 

That's not an option. If Wright is waived, he can't be replaced until July 1. He's two-way and you can't sign 2-ways after Jan 15.
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 07:06 PM)F Gump Wrote: That's not an option. If Wright is waived, he can't be replaced until July 1. He's two-way and you can't sign 2-ways after Jan 15.
thanks, I wasn't aware of that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
It is raining buyouts.....

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...4544852998
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16314...91368?s=46&t=-bN4oD2OLU_Ue80HIM_CZQ
Like Reply
Go get someone please! It's a shame we are wasting roster spots on an entire lineup full of players who will usually be DNPs when it could be going to someone like Dragic, Noel, even John Wall, who could be a contributor for the rest of the season.

JaVale
Markieff
FN
Pinson
Bertans

Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...CpnqUtAAAA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
bertans and javale are probably just too expensive to waive at this point of time. frank can be useful sometimes, especially in defense. pinson may be a good candidate but cutting him would make someone unhappy so it ain't worth the gambling i guess. so morris is perhaps the only available option here to be shown the door imho. there are decent guys in the buyout market but question is how many (if any) of them would seriously want to join us, knowing we ain't contending for crap this season.
Like Reply
Hey guys, first post here, had been posting on the old board back in the golden days...

I'm quite sure we should be all over Nerlens Noel.

Reasons? 
There were rumours about us being in interested in trading for him going back to last year. We were working out LaMarcus Aldridge a couple of weeks ago, so we're open to adding a big man. And third and most important, isn't he like our only chance to at least slow down a Jokic or Anthony Davis in a playoff series? 

From his perspective we should be pretty attractive as well, he could possibly start for us if he integrates quickly, can play an important role since we don't have a defensively capable center on our roster - and get easy buckets on offense playing off of Luka and Kyrie. Which other playoff team can offer that package? 

So I think it's pretty strange it's that quiet on the Noel front, not only concerning us but any teams. 

What do you think? 
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • LukaMVP, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16320...55360?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 04:38 AM)Knutsen Wrote: Hey guys, first post here, had been posting on the old board back in the golden days...

Reasons? 
There were rumours about us being in interested in trading for him going back to last year. We were working out LaMarcus Aldridge a couple of weeks ago, so we're open to adding a big man. And third and most important, isn't he like our only chance to at least slow down a Jokic or Anthony Davis in a playoff series? 

From his perspective we should be pretty attractive as well, he could possibly start for us if he integrates quickly, can play an important role since we don't have a defensively capable center on our roster - and get easy buckets on offense playing off of Luka and Kyrie. Which other playoff team can offer that package? 

So I think it's pretty strange it's that quiet on the Noel front, not only concerning us but any teams. 

What do you think? 

Okay, that didn’t age well… Damn it. I don‘t understand what we‘re trying to do.
[-] The following 3 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 04:38 AM)Knutsen Wrote: Hey guys, first post here, had been posting on the old board back in the golden days...

Reasons? 

What do you think? 

Welcome.   

It will be interesting to see what he has left.   Can he be the player he was for the Knicks over two years ago?  He was not a very big stats player but played well for short periods of time.   

Dallas is filled with limited centers, so I can understand them not wanting to bring another one in.  Although, if he can recapture his 15-20 minute play he had with the Knicks two years ago, he would have been a good gamble.   

The Nets signing is a little weird.  It was reported he wanted to go to a contender.   The Nets had an impressive win last night, but they are not a contender.    Did no other contenders have interest?  Or does Noel think this is the best chance for minutes?
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 08:51 AM)Knutsen Wrote: Okay, that didn’t age well… Damn it. I don‘t understand what we‘re trying to do.
Welcome back! I see a few scenarios that all seem plausible:
  • His agent called us and we had no interest.
  • We called his agent and he had no interest 
  • Neither side was interested so no calls were exchanged 
I see reasons why each scenario is what happened.
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 04:38 AM)Knutsen Wrote: So I think it's pretty strange it's that quiet on the Noel front, not only concerning us but any teams. 

What do you think? 

I blame you for spurring Noel to sign with someone lol!

Yeah it was definitely strange he was one of the more quiet buyouts and signings, given that he's arguably the most talented one. 

I don't see where he fit in minutes wise between Wood/Maxi/Powell/McGee. Signing Noel essentially means one of them isn't ever getting minutes and that couldn't have been good for locker room morale.

I agree Noel would've filled a need, and I'm a bit disappointed they didn't at least try. Right now I think the Mavs need leadership more than anything, which is why I'm pining over Dragic for the 423123141353rd time.
Like Reply
Dragic is signing with the Bucks today. They have plenty of vets now.
Like Reply
Noel for cheap in the offseason sounds good. Noel for a chance to raise his value and then leave? I dunno.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 01:13 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I blame you for spurring Noel to sign with someone lol!

Yeah it was definitely strange he was one of the more quiet buyouts and signings, given that he's arguably the most talented one. 

I don't see where he fit in minutes wise between Wood/Maxi/Powell/McGee. Signing Noel essentially means one of them isn't ever getting minutes and that couldn't have been good for locker room morale.

I agree Noel would've filled a need, and I'm a bit disappointed they didn't at least try. Right now I think the Mavs need leadership more than anything, which is why I'm pining over Dragic for the 423123141353rd time.

My bad - I take full responsibility! 

I know what you mean, but we‘re supposed to be all in this season, otherwise the Kyrie trade doesn’t make sense. We learned last year that Powell isn’t playable in the playoffs. We learned this season that McGee isn’t really playable at all. We know that Maxi and Wood are maybe best when playing together. We also know that defense and rebounding are clearly our biggest weaknesses. So I won’t understand why we didn’t go after Noel. 

The only reason I can imagine could be that this season isn’t all about winning, but all about keeping Kyrie happy and therefore being able to keep him in the summer. Then it makes sense to keep Pinson and Morris over a much clearer need in Noel (or Dragic).
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/realgm/status/163205...26850?s=46&t=whLvje1nnUIC2GVBVD1v8w
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 06:11 PM)Knutsen Wrote: My bad - I take full responsibility! 

I know what you mean, but we‘re supposed to be all in this season, otherwise the Kyrie trade doesn’t make sense. We learned last year that Powell isn’t playable in the playoffs. We learned this season that McGee isn’t really playable at all. We know that Maxi and Wood are maybe best when playing together. We also know that defense and rebounding are clearly our biggest weaknesses. So I won’t understand why we didn’t go after Noel. 

The only reason I can imagine could be that this season isn’t all about winning, but all about keeping Kyrie happy and therefore being able to keep him in the summer. Then it makes sense to keep Pinson and Morris over a much clearer need in Noel (or Dragic).

I'm actually starting to back off a bit on being all in this season. Of course any year where you have Luka you have a chance. And the fact they added Kyrie makes that fact ever more so true. 

But this team has serious flaws. No defensive wing or center really messes this team up. Kleber and Green are the only 2 keepers around Luka and Ky in my mind.

So I'm not too beat up that they aren't signing fringe role players in a stop gap attempt to fix these issues because odds are they won't.

Goal of the offseason is to turn Frank, Bertans, McGee, and Powell into 3 useable players. Wood is useable but he isn't coming back. That right there is almost half the roster in guys that are flawed. Get 2 or 3 actual solid role guys and the Mavs can make some noise next year provided Kyrie doesn't act like himself.
Like Reply
(03-04-2023, 07:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/realgm/status/163205...26850?s=46&t=whLvje1nnUIC2GVBVD1v8w

Only a 10-day-contract, interesting - so there wasn’t any real market for him. Or maybe he wants to test his new team as well before committing?

Is a 10-day-contract keeping him eligible to play in the playoffs for another team, does anybody know?
Like Reply