Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
I wouldn't mind cutting Theo and taking a flyer on Bo Cruz
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 05:35 PM)Mikelorenzo Wrote: Can you imagine we cut Frank/Morris/Theo and took Stanley Johnson/Noel/Dragic ..suddenly the depth would look great..
I do think it’s decision time on Frank/Morris/Theo and at least one needs to go now. There’s too many capable players available not to make a move. We’ve got a look at Morris now. There’s team dynamics at play here too. Morris is a familiar face for Kyrie. Theo has been close with everyone on the team for awhile. Frank is a point of attack defender we probably can’t afford to lose. And he’s in Kidds good graces. It will be interesting to see what they do. I would cut both Theo and Morris and bring in Noel/Juancho and Dragic. Honestly the only reason for considering Dragic is if he were to be a better voice of reason to Luka. If not we should bring in at least one frontcourt player
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 05:30 PM)Mikelorenzo Wrote: Dragic cut...a Goran/Noel combo plugs a lot of holes

Where are the minutes for Dragic gonna come from?
Like Reply
an additional PG ain't bad. we got two elite ball handlers but we got no backup for them which is a problem. dragic being an experienced vet that can still ball would bring us help off the bench imho.
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 08:14 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Where are the minutes for Dragic gonna come from?

It would allow the coaching staff to be more flexible with how Luka/Kyrie minutes and overlap are used.  I'm also not a fan of letting Luka play the entire 1st/3rd quarters.
Like Reply
(02-28-2023, 08:14 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Where are the minutes for Dragic gonna come from?

They won’t sign Goran and this team has way bigger issues.  At least during the regular season Wright can play spot minutes.  But I would be surprised if Luka and Irving don’t get dinged down the stretch.  They looked good with just Kyrie when he first joined but that probably isn’t sustainable.  

Doubling Luka so far away and the Mavs rarely making the pacers pay was depressing tonight.  Sometimes Luka had to run and get the ball back late in the clock.  4-3 with a full head speed should have been a layup and wide open three pointer drill.

Defense is still the issue.  Mavs are somehow a tax team but don’t have a starting Pf or c on the roster.  Neither one who is being developed either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Probably not fair to make a decision on just two appearances but Morris may be in trouble.  Not sure he can move on defense any more.  The last thing this front court needs is another guy who can’t defend.  

Although, wouldn’t it be a hoot to see them release Wood instead.
Like Reply
barring the W against spurs, it would've been a five game losing streak now, and upcoming matchups are gonna be tougher. I ain't surprised if we miss the playoffs tbh.
Like Reply
Yup, Philly is up next. Only chance they have is if Kyrie and Luka both go nuclear, and they get a little help from their friends...
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 04:57 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Yup, Philly is up next. Only chance they have is if Kyrie and Luka both go nuclear, and they get a little help from their friends...

The only bright light is they are coming off a back to back in Miami.   If the Mavericks don't play with more energy than South Beach Harden than that will tell us everything we want to know.
Like Reply
Goran Dragic episode number 74 (or whatever it is) Smile

NBACentral on Twitter: "Dallas is viewed as a potential landing spot for Goran Dragic, per @flasportsbuzz https://t.co/eYHJr9ezXH" / Twitter
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 09:23 AM)omahen Wrote: Goran Dragic episode number 74 (or whatever it is) Smile

NBACentral on Twitter: "Dallas is viewed as a potential landing spot for Goran Dragic, per @flasportsbuzz https://t.co/eYHJr9ezXH" / Twitter

I’m not getting fooled again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 11:06 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m not getting fooled again.

Dragic is not what they need, so not sure who they would be fooling if they go after him
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 11:32 AM)omahen Wrote: Dragic is not what they need, so not sure who they would be fooling if they go after him

Yeah, agreed. I think even when a 10th man is called for Ntilikina’s skill set might be more appropriate, despite Dragic still being a much better player.
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 09:23 AM)omahen Wrote: Goran Dragic episode number 74 (or whatever it is) Smile

I've seen this story too many times. I already know the ending.

(03-01-2023, 11:32 AM)omahen Wrote: Dragic is not what they need, so not sure who they would be fooling if they go after him

I will say, Dragic's leadership and ability to hold people accountable might be exactly what they need. He can't provide what they need on the court, but he could be the voice that rights the ship. 

And the fact he can score more than 4 points in 3 games makes him a better option than Frank already.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: o2mzf.jpg]
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 11:46 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:

I will say, Dragic's leadership and ability to hold people accountable might be exactly what they need. He can't provide what they need on the court, but he could be the voice that rights the ship. 

And the fact he can score more than 4 points in 3 games makes him a better option than Frank already.

I don’t disagree with either point, really, but I can see Ntilikina’s defense at the POA being something they can actually use on the court at some point. It’s a tough call, but honestly, I’m starting to doubt they’re close enough for it to matter.
Like Reply
My view is just that this team is not built to do anything in the playoffs. I know they can't admit that after trading for Kyrie. And, while I thought Kyrie couldnt' be counted on long term, I do like the pace of play much better with him in the lineup.

That said, I'd play Green and Hardy more to develop them, knowing this isnt a realistic championship season, esp with Kidd calling "plays" and the defense as bad as its been all year.  

So, not sure how much sense it makes to bring in Dragic now. But, given how the Mavs think, that means they probably will.
Like Reply
(03-01-2023, 11:54 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t disagree with either point, really, but I can see Ntilikina’s defense at the POA being something they can actually use on the court at some point. It’s a tough call, but honestly, I’m starting to doubt they’re close enough for it to matter.

That's fair. Franky's defense is great don't get me wrong, but he barely got any burn last playoffs and he couldn't even add a layup package this year.

If no one else is trying to defend on this roster, I'd rather have a guy that can longshot fit some of these chemistry issues and be a leader.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Thought he was pretty good.  Big body with nice skill.  Would be fine with him replacing Wright as a two way.  I assume his defense is lacking though because the rest of his game is solid.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16310...52609?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply