Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout Market 2023: Nerlens 10-day to Nets | Dragic to MIL
(02-13-2023, 06:22 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: What was his draft position? Don’t know, don’t care. He has the size we need more than anything on this team and is known as a good defender. Rumor has it teams go in on him thinking he’s got more on offense than he is capable of. Don’t go in on him thinking that and you’re golden!

He was drafted with the 8th pick by Detroit in 2015.
Like Reply
(02-13-2023, 09:07 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1625312248750084096

They REALLY don’t trust Wood.
Like Reply
If he's signed, I bet Aldridge is a replacement for Morris (not Ntilikina).
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 02:10 AM)F Gump Wrote: If he's signed, I bet Aldridge is a replacement for Morris (not Ntilikina).

Which makes zero sense to me. Morris ideally is what we're lusting for on the buyout market. He might be slowfooted, but is he any more slow footed than LMA? Morris is also a better 3pt shooter.

Just a really really weird tryout all around.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, mvossman
Like Reply
Goga Bitadze signs a two year deal with the Magic.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 09:25 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Goga Bitadze signs a two year deal with the Magic.

These fuckers. First BolBol now this. Even Mo Wagner is a C than McGee/Powell. They just collect talent. How in the world do they have a C rotation of WCJ/BolBol/Isaac/Wagner/Bitadze, while trading away Bamba and we work out LaMarcus Aldridge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 09:35 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: These fuckers. First BolBol now this. Even Mo Wagner is a C than McGee/Powell. They just collect talent. How in the world do they have a C rotation of WCJ/BolBol/Isaac/Wagner/Bitadze, while trading away Bamba and we work out LaMarcus Aldridge.

Great question!  Looks like someone is sleeping at the wheel in the FO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
https://www.fieldhousefiles.com/p/goga-b...resh-start
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 09:37 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Looks like someone is sleeping at the wheel in the FO.

I clearly remember new FO philosophy after they were hired. Something in the line of "surround Luka with long switchable defenders". A strategy I think is sound. 

Since then their big acquisitions were SD, Bertans, Wood, McGee and Irving, while trading one of those long switchable defenders. None of them fits the description of the initial plan and Bullock is the only player that sort of does.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, mvossman
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 09:47 AM)omahen Wrote: I clearly remember new FO philosophy after they were hired. Something in the line of "surround Luka with long switchable defenders". A strategy I think is sound. 

Since then their big acquisitions were SD, Bertans, Wood, McGee and Irving, while trading one of those long switchable defenders. None of them fits the description of the initial plan and Bullock is the only player that sort of does.

So you're saying they clearly couldn't use somebody like Bitadze on their roster?  I mean RC said he would have liked to keep him, but he had too many bigs and he was the odd man out. I don't know. I would like to think one of the Mavs weaknesses is rebounding and he surely would help in that respect. I mean they brought in LMA for a workout, so that should tell you all you need to know. Orlando has a lot of bigs, so I don't really see the fit there either...
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 10:12 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: So you're saying they clearly couldn't use somebody like Bitadze on their roster?  I mean RC said he would have liked to keep him, but he had too many bigs and he was the odd man out. I don't know. I would like to think one of the Mavs weaknesses is rebounding and he surely would help in that respect. I mean they brought in LMA for a workout, so that should tell you all you need to know. Orlando has a lot of bigs, so I don't really see the fit there either...

More lumbering bigs aren´t the solution. We cannot isolate rebounding and ignore that it comes in a package that simply cannot stay on the floor in the modern NBA. That´s the logic that lead to the McGee signing. Mavs lack rim protection. Lets add a shot blocker.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 10:30 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: More lumbering bigs aren´t the solution. We cannot isolate rebounding and ignore that it comes in a package that simply cannot stay on the floor in the modern NBA. That´s the logic that lead to the McGee signing. Mavs lack rim protection. Lets add a shot blocker.

Like somebody that averaged 1.3 BPG in 12 MPG last season. His on/off over his last 1000 NBA minutes is around + 4.5.

I also know that the solution to our defensive problems is to sign Jarrett Allen, Jaylen Brown and Evan Mobley, but maybe those players are not available and you work with what is available. One aspect of defense is physical fitness, speed and effort. Something you usually do not get from 37 years old that have been retired from basketball for the last 12 months.
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 10:52 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Like somebody that averaged 1.3 BPG in 12 MPG last season. His on/off over his last 1000 NBA minutes is around + 4.5.

I also know that the solution to our defensive problems is to sign Jarrett Allen, Jaylen Brown and Evan Mobley, but maybe those players are not available and you work with what is available. One aspect of defense is physical fitness, speed and effort. Something you usually do not get from 37 years old that have been retired from basketball for the last 12 months.

He's a dinosaur.  His only upside is giving you 6 fouls against the Goberts of the NBA (who are few).
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 10:30 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: More lumbering bigs aren´t the solution. We cannot isolate rebounding and ignore that it comes in a package that simply cannot stay on the floor in the modern NBA. That´s the logic that lead to the McGee signing. Mavs lack rim protection. Lets add a shot blocker.

What about Ibaka?  Or is he washed too? He's available.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6daCto5t7s

Aldridge looks pretty spry here in his last season with the Nets.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I wonder what Dirk is up to.
[-] The following 7 users Like cow's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, From Dirk to Luka, haveitall, KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, mtrot
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2318994439

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5554154496
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 07:12 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...5554154496

Let's sign him to troll Lebron. Oh, and also to make our defense better.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Man, the Holiday for Milwaukee is awesome.  That is the one we are getting right?
Like Reply
(02-14-2023, 10:15 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Man, the Holiday for Milwaukee is awesome.  That is the one we are getting right?

Curry, Antetokounmpo, Cousins. Now they added Holiday and Morris. No idea why they haven´t been more successful.
Like Reply