Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
https://twitter.com/wfaa/status/16227403...96929?s=20

(02-07-2023, 03:56 AM)Dundalis Wrote: I think his negative locker room effect doesn't come from rubbing teammates the wrong way in a direct personal way, it's that his off field antics completely disrupt team harmony. i.e. a guy who decides he doesn't want to turn up to play because he wants to "find himself" or wants to spend time with his family, will eventually rub the wrong way guys on the team who work their ass off and can't afford to miss a day because they don't have the luxury, even if one to one hes a good guy to be around. Same with any other antics he pulls, it draws attention on the team away from on court stuff and maybe adds extra unneeded stresses and media attention. It's a distraction for everyone and it probably builds up over time into some resentment, players at Boston have spoken about it after he left there. There was relief that the distraction was gone and they could just focus on basketball and nothing else.

I absolutely agree with everything you say. I can't stand Kyrie's antics. 

Still, it's jarring that former teammates have nothing but praise for Kyrie. Not a single one has thrown him under the bus for his behavior.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, 2027 2nd 2029 2nd to BKN| Irving to wear #2 - by SleepingHero - 02-07-2023, 04:00 AM