Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-07-2023, 03:36 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1...5787286528

For all the talk about how Kyrie is a locker room cancer, I'm starting to feel that players really don't care about his antics. Claxton isn't the first guy to talk about how much he likes the guy. Hell even Tatum+Brown say they love Kyrie.

I feel like Kyrie's clashes come from management and coaches. He's the class clown. Other students love him, teachers hate him.

I think his negative locker room effect doesn't come from rubbing teammates the wrong way in a direct personal way, it's that his off field antics completely disrupt team harmony. i.e. a guy who decides he doesn't want to turn up to play because he wants to "find himself" or wants to spend time with his family, will eventually rub the wrong way guys on the team who work their ass off and can't afford to miss a day because they don't have the luxury, even if one to one hes a good guy to be around. Same with any other antics he pulls, it draws attention on the team away from on court stuff and maybe adds extra unneeded stresses and media attention. It's a distraction for everyone and it probably builds up over time into some resentment, players at Boston have spoken about it after he left there. There was relief that the distraction was gone and they could just focus on basketball and nothing else. The mood and harmony lifted after he left. That can be the case while players still regard him as a good person and good teammate in terms of direct relationships with him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dundalis's post:
  â€¢ Branduil, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, 2027 2nd 2029 2nd to BKN| Irving to wear #2 - by Dundalis - 02-07-2023, 03:56 AM