Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-06-2023, 07:46 PM)mvossman Wrote: The argument that the Mavs can sign him for the most money in FA does not really matter if we are not maxing him (and we are not maxing him).  See Brunson.  A cap space team could decide to spend what would make us uncomfortable.

1 I have a feeling that if there continues to be a lukewarm response to Wood being made available in trade, it will dampen Cuban's enthusiasm about the size of Wood's next contract, or whether they even want him. Because, if Wood isn't going to be a trade chip when needed, will Cuban think he has any use for him?

2 I would expect that the extension the Mavs have on the table for Wood is one that permits him to be traded (2 yrs added, about $31M tot), possibly based on the idea that he might bring back more in trade if he's signed for longer than 2 months.

3 After the deadline, when a trade isn't part of the mix, I wonder if Mavs offer goes up (to 3-4 years) or goes away entirely.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, sefant
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, 2027 2nd, & 2029 2nd to BKN - by F Gump - 02-06-2023, 07:55 PM