Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-06-2023, 10:03 AM)mvossman Wrote: I don't think this is about covering up the Brunson mistake.  I think Cuban has had a fetish for getting stars since 2011.  My guess is if Brunson was still on this team he would have been part of the outgoing in this trade.

So you don't think the trade wouldn't have been made if they still had Brunson?  I do. They would get to keep one of their best defenders, a secondary ball handler, the 1st round pick, and 2 2nds?   Your opinion,  fair enough.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 10:54 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I'd like to point out that almost all of the unhappiness with Kyrie has to do with off-court issues.  His ability to play basketball has never been questioned.

Mavs bought low.
His want to show up for work is in question too, which affects the team on the court.
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
How many games will he play for the Mavs?

More than...

Odom 4
Rodman 12
Rondo 46 + 2 (playoffs)
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 11:54 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: How many games will he play for the Mavs?

More than...

Odom 4
Rodman 12
Rondo 46 + 2 (playoffs)

Hopefully more than all 3 and Kyrie isn't crazy.

(Narrator: Kyrie is always crazy).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 11:10 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: His want to show up for work is in question too, which affects the team on the court.

Yeah, for sure. To be clear, this is my worry with him. My only worry. 

I don't care so much about the politics he gets bashed for (though he's clearly not bright), it's their impact on his ability to simply be with the team and focus on the team's goals (in other words, his JOB) that scare me to death.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 11:10 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: His want to show up for work is in question too, which affects the team on the court.

I don't see this being an issue this year at all. If we sign him to a long-term max, it has the greatest likelihood of being the chief reason we shouldn't have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 11:00 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: So you don't think the trade wouldn't have been made if they still had Brunson?  I do. They would get to keep one of their best defenders, a secondary ball handler, the 1st round pick, and 2 2nds?   Your opinion,  fair enough.

I think you misread my post.  I think they still would have made the trade and sent Brunson in it.  I think Brunson lessens the load we send out, but I don't think he would have fully replaced it.  The point was less about Brunson's value and more about Cuban's mindset.  He wants stars and valued Brunson more as a trade chip than anything else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 12:26 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think you misread my post.  I think they still would have made the trade and sent Brunson in it.  I think Brunson lessens the load we send out, but I don't think he would have fully replaced it.  The point was less about Brunson's value and more about Cuban's mindset.  He wants stars and valued Brunson more as a trade chip than anything else.

On the contrary,  I understood. And you made a good point. I was thinking along the lines, if he doesn't trade for Kyrie, he doesn't torpedo the future by giving up assets for a player that's ultimately going to cost him more in assets with players, picks, and uncertainty.  Brunson would have been a lot cheaper to retain but does similar things. But I see where you're coming from with Cuban wanting a bonafide star.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 12:26 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think you misread my post.  I think they still would have made the trade and sent Brunson in it.  I think Brunson lessens the load we send out, but I don't think he would have fully replaced it.  The point was less about Brunson's value and more about Cuban's mindset.  He wants stars and valued Brunson more as a trade chip than anything else.

Let´s just hope nobody tells Cuban that Kyrie´s play-off averages since the 2017/2018 season are virtually equal to Brunson´s from last year. Cry
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 12:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, for sure. To be clear, this is my worry with him. My only worry. 

I don't care so much about the politics he gets bashed for (though he's clearly not bright), it's their impact on his ability to simply be with the team and focus on the team's goals (in other words, his JOB) that scare me to death.
Also doing it in such a public way so his teammates have to constantly answer questions about it and disrupting their calm (or however you want to say that).
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0S9vRGZ...7kRSxFegzg&t=748&context=spotify%3Acollection%3Apodcasts%3Aepisodes&nd=1

At 12:30 seconds Windhorst says: 
Quote:This trade did not go through yet: I don’t know when they’ve got a trade call set, but one of the reasons why you’d delay putting the trade through would be to expand the trade to reroute players. This happens regularly in the modern NBA.

I know that Kyrie is ready to get on the first flight to Salt Lake — where I think the next Mavericks game is on Wednesday — but I’m not even sure the trade is going to be done by Wednesday.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The underreported element of this is Luka. One of the mavs podcasts were talking about the Tim McMahon report that went out saying Luka wants help. This was done publicly to show the mavs he’s serious. There was never going to be any one step back to take two steps forward. Luka wants to compete for championships RIGHT NOW. There won’t be any more waiting. Luka’s father and their recent reconnection IMO is driving this
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 03:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0S9vRGZ...7kRSxFegzg&t=748&context=spotify%3Acollection%3Apodcasts%3Aepisodes&nd=1

At 12:30 seconds Windhorst says: 

Kyrie's in Dallas for his physical. Reports say that KL and Kamm were apprehended before they could Tonya Harding him.
[-] The following 8 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, DrMav, F Gump, HIMAV, MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 03:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Reports say that KL and Kamm were apprehended before they could Tonya Harding him.

They nabbed me before I got within 100 ft of the guy.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 03:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They nabbed me before I got within 100 ft of the guy.

Mavs lockdown defense right there makes me hopeful for the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KevinGraySports/stat...44748?s=20&t=2xim6nGSD2LROxPhYZHE0w

People at Bleacher Report are all excited about this, but I think it's nothing new.
Like Reply
Original asking price was TWO first round picks. Ugh
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 03:45 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: People at Bleacher Report are all excited about this, but I think it's nothing new.

4 years or 2 years is still the open question.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1622708046714511360
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
[Image: mike-meyers-come-to-daddy-evil.gif]

[Image: Cam-Reddish.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply