Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-06-2023, 12:17 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I changed it. That was a total mistype in the moment, I started saying Stein said (such and such) and then switched it to what I think it means. 

I THINK it is a "likely" outcome that Kyrie is not in DAL longterm. Stein did not say that, he said it was a potential reality and MacMahon is saying the same thing with max caproom this summer being the fall back.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification!

I do think you are reading "worst case scenario" into "likely scenario" because of your personal pov on the way Mavs do things. But heck, that's not unreasonable at all in view of Cuban's history.

You know I don't think Cuban is all that smart when it comes to roster-building and the kinds of things involved in the Kyrie move -- evaluation of what he and the other assets are worth, determining what is needed to build out the roster, and negotiations (trade and contract, both of which are vital to the outcome here). I see lots of ways this can go in the ditch. But I am not as pessimistic on whether they can get a contract as you -- my wariness is about how they build out the roster, whether they have a good read on what they get with Kyrie WHEN they pay him 200M, and whether Cuban is able and willing to pay the freight going forward for a roster deeply buried in tax bills. I think they are 1000% all-in, and whatever you might hear to the contrary will be just noise.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, 2027 2nd, & 2029 2nd to BKN - by F Gump - 02-06-2023, 01:20 AM