Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-06-2023, 12:03 AM)Kammrath Wrote: 2) It seemed pretty clear to me from what Stein was saying is that there is no plan in place for a 4 year deal. Could one happen? Yes, he is not saying it can't or won't but he is purposely tapping the brakes on the assumption that this means the Mavs are signing Kyrie this summer. 

They were all saying the same after the Porzingis deal, if you remember. I know the situations aren't identical, but I think this is simply a matter of keeping the "back-channel" deals from being public. It's literally just "we didn't tamper." 

Not only do I think the Mavs have decided to give that offer, I'd bet serious money Irving's people have discussed it with them, at least indirectly and discreetly. It's the only possible way any of this makes any sense. 

NOW, with this particular nutball, anything is possible. He might change his tune 20 times between now and the summer. I'm not saying there's no chance he walks, just that they didn't do this deal feeling like that was a likely scenario.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, 2027 2nd, & 2029 2nd to BKN - by KillerLeft - 02-06-2023, 12:10 AM