Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: BUT, I think you're worried about nothing with this particular thread. The point of the trade request was to get a 4-year max. He can now only get that from Dallas or from the 2-3 teams who might have cap room next summer. LA won't be one of them, and he's not going to sign for the MLE. 

If they decide to offer the 4-year max (my strong suspicion is that they already have decided) then I'd say there's an 85-100% chance he signs it. It's what starts to happen the very next day that should worry you, imho. 

If he's dead set on getting to LA, and the Lakers want to give him that deal, I bet the Mavs can get ONE of those two 1sts out of LA to make that happen. He is NOT going to sign the MLE.

1) I don't think it's nothing, but I am probably overplaying it. 

2) It seemed pretty clear to me from what Stein was saying is that there is no plan in place for a 4 year deal. Could one happen? Yes, he is not saying it can't or won't but he is purposely tapping the brakes on the assumption that this means the Mavs are signing Kyrie this summer. 

3) I bet Kyrie wants the money, but I would not be shocked if he goes to LAL for $25M (way more than MLE).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, 2027 2nd, & 2029 2nd to BKN - by Kammrath - 02-06-2023, 12:03 AM