Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 10:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I mean....

1) Kyrie is not fully right in the head.

2) Stein reported that the Mavs are well aware that they are likely renting Kyrie. 

3) SD and DFS were two of the Mavs most desirable players. And the 2029 unprotected 1st probably became the most valuable future pick out there.

1. your opinion
2. He did not say that.
3. they were the very definition of mediocre.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:27 PM)JCB Wrote:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/...vin-durant

Oh, cool. Is this the article where they graded the Nets at a B+ and the Mavs at a D? Because ESPN did that. 

You're seeing what you want to see, my guy. I am most definitely NOT wishful thinking, as I'm a way, way, way bigger Mavs fan than you are. I BLEED blue. I'm just being real.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:29 PM)JCB Wrote: Why dont we just wait and see what the product looks like on the court? We will see pretty soon. It won't be a mystery.

Since nuance isn't your only weakness, I'll spell it out for you.  I like the acquisition.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:30 PM)JCB Wrote: 1. your opinion
2. He did not say that.
3. they were the very definition of mediocre.

I mean the Mavs not trying to sign Irving is probably SMART. Lets see if everyone likes each other and then if everyone does then sign him. I mean if we signed him you all would be complaining it was a terrible idea and way too much. So now you say it means he is a rental.

No, it means, they are taking it one step at a time. For all you know, Irving will love playing with Luka. You don't know. You just complain.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:28 PM)cow Wrote: This is a slam dunk trade if you play as the Mavericks in NBA2K.

I was offered Capela for Bertans a couple days ago. I think I even got a 2nd rounder back. If only that was reality
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, cool. Is this the article where they graded the Nets at a B+ and the Mavs at a D? Because ESPN did that. 

You're seeing what you want to see, my guy. I am most definitely NOT wishful thinking, as I'm a way, way, way bigger Mavs fan than you are. I BLEED blue. I'm just being real.

You are literally the poster child tonight for seeing what YOU want to see.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:32 PM)Jym Wrote: I was offered Capela for Bertans a couple days ago. I think I even got a 2nd rounder back. If only that was reality

There is a joke about Cuban and Nico here somewhere but I don't have the heart for it today.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: HE IS OVERTLY FIGHTING TO CREATE A SITUATION WHERIN HE IS GUARANTEED BIG, HUGE MONEY WHILE MAINTAINING THE LIKELY TO BE EXERCISED OPTION TO BE A SORRY SON OF A BITCH WHO LETS HIS TEAM DOWN. HE BELIEVES THE GAME "OWES" HIM THIS. 

What are people not getting?

I think someone else posted it. You’ve probably been a fan for 10+ years and plan to continue being one. 

it’s a short attention span world. 2029 I’ll be dead, on Mars, etc.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, StepBackJay
Like Reply
there were also doubts when we traded devin  harris, a promising young player who would make all-star as a net, plus picks for a 35yr old kidd.
[-] The following 2 users Like LukaMVP's post:
  • AgGiE1991, F Gump
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:33 PM)JCB Wrote: You are literally the poster child tonight for seeing what YOU want to see.

Incorrect, obviously. I'm seeing the exact opposite of what I want to see. Like, the EXACT opposite. 

And, I'm NOT a negative poster, traditionally. Been in this community for close to 20 years at this point, defending the front office and coaching for the vast majority of that time. 

THIS, to me, on the heels of the Brunson thing, is objectively bad. I'm not going to pretend it's not.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:41 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: there were also doubts when we traded devin  harris, a promising young player who would make all-star as a net, plus picks for a 35yr old kidd.

Now where is my Tyson Chandler trade?
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • AgGiE1991, DanSchwartzgan, Tyler
Like Reply
Just to meet the people who somehow like this move as halfway as I can, I do think this is a big-boy move from Cuban, financially, as it's adding like $30 million to his tab this year, I believe (unless other moves are made to reduce payroll. 

You can't say that's not aggressive, and you can't say it's cheap. After being one of the cheaper owners these past 11 years or so, he certainly seems to be stepping up to the plate. 

I would've preferred something smarter, that has a chance of working, but I guess we can't have everything.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
is  kyrie gonna be the first player to start for the east at all-star  weekend while being contracted to a western team?
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Just to meet the people who somehow like this move as halfway as I can, I do think this is a big-boy move from Cuban, financially, as it's adding like $30 million to his tab this year, I believe (unless other moves are made to reduce payroll. 

You can't say that's not aggressive, and you can't say it's cheap. After being one of the cheaper owners these past 11 years or so, he certainly seems to be stepping up to the plate. 

I would've preferred something smarter, that has a chance of working, but I guess we can't have everything.

At this point I'm expecting the counter gut punch of trading THJ + unprotected 2027 pick into the Spurs space for a TPE we'll never use
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • ItsGoTime, SleepingHero
Like Reply
We dealt DUST chip for TC that turned out big for our championship run. Now we need a defensive big more than anything. further moves will be made this week. hope we get a defendsive C without losing wood who will play more at four. We stacked.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:57 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: is  kyrie gonna be the first player to start for the east at all-star  weekend while being contracted to a western team?

I think he'd be the first player going in either direction.  Iverson in 2009-10 is probably the closest comp.
Like Reply
Well, one things for certain. In a few days @"Kammrath" can no longer say that Wood is the most talented player Luka has played with.
[-] The following 8 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:59 PM)Jym Wrote: At this point I'm expecting the counter gut punch of trading THJ + unprotected 2027 pick into the Spurs space for a TPE we'll never use

Oh, it is going to be worse than that.  It will be Wood and one of THJ/Bertans and two unprotected picks for Poeltl and the big TPE.  The 27 pick will convert to two pick swaps if 23 doesn’t convey.

Good news…we will use a little of the TPE to go grab Thybulle for another pick swap

More good news…you’ll eventually learn to like Poeltl.

On a more serious note.  Interesting how strong the ‘reported’ competing offers from the LA teams and Phoenix were.

Also, if Wood gets traded this week, it will be fascinating to see the return.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:11 PM)Smitty Wrote: Well, one things for certain. In a few days @"Kammrath" can no longer say that Wood is the most talented player Luka has played with.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • AgGiE1991, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:13 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I miss that beautiful man.
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • cow, From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply