Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
[Image: FoQHGREaQAA8o5W?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:59 PM)cow Wrote: I thought they offered two years and he wanted four?

No mention of length was made, unless I missed it. We know that Irving wants a 4-year guaranteed deal, and we know that BRK offered a deal (not sure how long) jam packed with incentives designed to entice him into trying to play full seasons and basically give a crap about the team. Irving's camp IMMEDIATELY broke off negotiations and demanded a trade. This was like Friday when we learned this.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:59 PM)cow Wrote: I thought they offered two years and he wanted four?

I remember there being a tweet saying they required a games played clause but it was a 4 year max and that's what caused Kyrie to ask out. 

I think they then countered with a 2 year full max with no games played clause, but Kyrie was already committed to leaving then.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:04 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No mention of length was made, unless I missed it. We know that Irving wants a 4-year guaranteed deal, and we know that BRK offered a deal (not sure how long) jam packed with incentives designed to entice him into trying to play full seasons and basically give a crap about the team. Irving's camp IMMEDIATELY broke off negotiations and demanded a trade. This was like Friday when we learned this.

Not surprising.
Like Reply
HE IS OVERTLY FIGHTING TO CREATE A SITUATION WHERIN HE IS GUARANTEED BIG, HUGE MONEY WHILE MAINTAINING THE LIKELY TO BE EXERCISED OPTION TO BE A SORRY SON OF A BITCH WHO LETS HIS TEAM DOWN. HE BELIEVES THE GAME "OWES" HIM THIS. 

What are people not getting?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: HE IS OVERTLY FIGHTING TO CREATE A SITUATION WHERIN HE IS GUARANTEED BIG, HUGE MONEY WHILE MAINTAINING THE LIKELY TO BE EXERCISED OPTION TO BE A SORRY SON OF A BITCH WHO LETS HIS TEAM DOWN. HE BELIEVE THE GAME "OWES" HIM THIS. 

What are people not getting?

I miss Dorian too.  Like a lot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: HE IS OVERTLY FIGHTING TO CREATE A SITUATION WHERIN HE IS GUARANTEED BIG, HUGE MONEY WHILE MAINTAINING THE LIKELY TO BE EXERCISED OPTION TO BE A SORRY SON OF A BITCH WHO LETS HIS TEAM DOWN. HE BELIEVES THE GAME "OWES" HIM THIS. 

And he wants to play in LA. We have known this for awhile.
Like Reply
Anybody against this trade is a scaredy-cat. We were SOOOOOO mediocre with the best player on the planet. We were bottom 5 in the league without him. Now we have 2 top 10 players. Covid is over. Kyrie will mostly likely play. He is basically the same age Nash was when Nash was "too old" for the Mavs to resign. We now have our new Dirk and Nash but better.

We may not win a championship, but at least we are trying. Ive been a Mavs fan since I started watching basketball in the 1980s. But if we were going to be mediocre on purpose then I would honestly want Luka to walk. He deserves better than dumba$$ Mark Cuban.
[-] The following 3 users Like JCB's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, Okstate819
Like Reply
kyrie has his flaws but he been good this season. I think a good coach can increase the chance of him playing good. dude ain't the only guy mad at nash who is indeed horrible as a coach. hope kidd can make things work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1622374784825954305?s=20&t=g10n-7q0Z-XMd0YpoMJksQ

(02-05-2023, 10:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: And he wants to play in LA. We have known this for awhile.

Sure, but don't kid yourself. He'll make use of his bird rights to fleece Cuban and then tank the locker room vibe until he gets traded there. He's not gonna walk.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:14 PM)JCB Wrote: Anybody against this trade is a scaredy-cat. We were SOOOOOO mediocre with the best player on the planet. We were bottom 5 in the league without him. Now we have 2 top 10 players. Covid is over. Kyrie will mostly likely play. He is basically the same age Nash was when Nash was "too old" for the Mavs to resign. We now have our new Dirk and Nash but better.

We may not win a championship, but at least we are trying. Ive been a Mavs fan since I started watching basketball in the 1980s. But if we were going to be mediocre on purpose then I would honestly want Luka to walk. He deserves better than dumba$$ Mark Cuban.

What's the Bill Hicks joke?  I'm in the unenviable position of being for the war but against the troops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRy5znLg1f8

I loved the idea of trading for Kyrie.  I hate the price we paid.
Like Reply
Ha ha. The general consensus outside of this sad little board is the Mavs just got a whole lot better.

We gave up mediocrity for greatness. 

But this board is made up fans that want to "win a particular way."

I just want the Mavs to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JCB's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:15 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: a good coach

[Image: looking-around.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1622330918512754689?s=20&t=g10n-7q0Z-XMd0YpoMJksQ
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:23 PM)JCB Wrote: But this board is made up fans that want to "win a particular way."

[Image: hm-hmm.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:23 PM)JCB Wrote: Ha ha. The general consensus outside of this sad little board is the Mavs just got a whole lot better.

We gave up mediocrity for greatness. 

But this board is made up fans that want to "win a particular way."

I just want the Mavs to win.

I don't know what echo chamber you're in outside of this sad, little board, but I've already listened to 3-4 podcasts about this and poured through the twitter accounts of every national guy I respect, all of them being more familiar with Irving than you are, and your consensus is far from what I'd call "general."
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: hm-hmm.gif]

No it's true. People think Irvin has a mental illness and the Mavs are just renting him for 10K assets that they all liked a lot.

(02-05-2023, 10:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't know what echo chamber you're in outside of this sad, little board, but I've already listened to 3-4 podcasts about this and poured through the twitter accounts of every national guy I respect, all of them being more familiar with Irving than you are, and your consensus is far from what I'd call "general."

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/basketball/...vin-durant
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't know what echo chamber you're in outside of this sad, little board, but I've already listened to 3-4 podcasts about this and poured through the twitter accounts of every national guy I respect, all of them being more familiar with Irving than you are, and your consensus is far from what I'd call "general."

This is a slam dunk trade if you play as the Mavericks in NBA2K.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:28 PM)cow Wrote: This is a slam dunk trade if you play as the Mavericks in NBA2K.

Why dont we just wait and see what the product looks like on the court? We will see pretty soon. It won't be a mystery.
[-] The following 2 users Like JCB's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 10:27 PM)JCB Wrote: No it's true. People think Irvin has a mental illness and the Mavs are just renting him for 10K assets that they all liked a lot.

I mean....

1) Kyrie is not fully right in the head.

2) Stein reported that the Mavs are well aware that they are possibly renting Kyrie. 

3) SD and DFS were two of the Mavs most desirable players. And the 2029 unprotected 1st probably became the most valuable future pick out there.
Like Reply