Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 09:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: You shouldn't. I guarantee that PHX didn't offer a pick as valuable as an unprotected 2029 1st.

Even if that pick the Suns offered was of less value than the Mavs (Which it most likely was WTF were they thinking dfgnlk;sdflkjdsfgbknlsdfglkldsfkg) 

I swear I have a mini seizure every time I think about that unprotected FRP...

Anyways, even if it was, the Nets are trying to win it all this year. They prioritized players. Yet they still chose Dinwiddie+DFS over CP3 and Crowder. To me that's a big story.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 3) I truly think this move is more likely to cause Luka to leave DAL than he was before. This is the single most risky thing I could possibly imagine the Mavs doing. They are playing Russian roulette with five bullets in the chamber.

Well put.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: My guys, it's going to be Crowder. That's the move that's coming. Cuban will pay too much. 

BE PREPARED.

I was excited for a moment when I realized we have no seconds to trade and surely the Mavs aren't dumb enough to trade a first.  Then I remembered...say goodbye to the Hardy Party.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:43 PM)cow Wrote: surely the Mavs aren't dumb enough to trade a first.  Then I remembered...say goodbye to the Hardy Party.

[Image: why-not-both-why-not.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:40 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 3) I truly think this move is more likely to cause Luka to leave DAL than he was before. This is the single most risky thing I could possibly imagine the Mavs doing. They are playing Russian roulette with five bullets in the chamber.

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But like KL said, this nuke of a trade was one of the few things that could've destroyed all my confidence and passion in my Mavs. Should this trade be as monumental of a fuckup as it seems on the face of it, I will happily support Luka. Cuban is a fraud who hid behind Dirk and his stubborn loyalty. He's getting exposed now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
guys kyrie's caliber ain't normally available for trades. We saw the opportunity and pulled the trigger that's good job for mavs FO imho.  cant imagine getting a star player without losing multiple firsts these days and we just gave up one first rounder. not call it a bargain since DFS and SD are both solid players, but at least we got a star player we ain't getting from free agency anyway. hope kidd can make kyrie play in his right mind.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3403621376
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:45 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: guys kyrie's caliber ain't normally available for trades. We saw the opportunity and pulled the trigger that's good job for mavs FO imho.  cant imagine getting a star player without losing multiple firsts these days and we just gave up one first rounder. not call it a bargain since DFS and SD are both solid players, but at least we got a star player we ain't getting from free agency anyway. hope kidd can make kyrie play in his right mind.

You're absolutely correct.

Kyrie the player is insane. He's out of this world talent. The issue is how often is he going to want to willingly play to the caliber we all know he can? These last 5 years say he's available less than 40% of games and he will go out of his way to nuke your franchise to get his way should any inconvenience come up that challenges him.

That's why this is insane to me. But you're right. If Kyrie all of a sudden decides to go back to when he was a normal human 10 years ago I agree this will be a fantastic trade!
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...7261680643
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...5699990533
Like Reply
Cato said on his podcast the Nets were high on Josh Green.  Mavs were thrilled they were able to keep Green.  

I think at the least, anyone who posts a potential trade here, should run it by Killer first so he can add the 20% Cuban tax to the trade before you post it.

Shams said Lakers offered both picks.  Nets wanted all their youngsters too, plus pick swaps.   Phx offered Paul, Crowder and a first.   Sort of hard to understand, but Shams said if the Suns offered 3 first round picks then it would have been enough.  Again, his wording was a little weird.  Anyway, he said PHX never improved their offer from Friday and began to lose interest.   

Not done with podcast, but Cato will be really surprised if another move is not made before trade deadline.  Also said, any all in move by the mavs would require risks.  Said they probably would get outbid for someone like Siakam if he ever hit the market.  Therefore, any player the Mavs went big on was going to have warts.    Kyrie just has a big one on his nose.  (My notes)
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, F Gump, KillerLeft, loki, Smitty
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1622408097544433664
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/16...3112909825
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:49 PM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status...67584?s=46&t=h6i6fGNmSxOf4sauIVgikg

Apologies if this was posted already but send them THJ yesterday and open up space next summer

I can actually see this one happening. 

It will be Crowder or this dude. It won't be Bogdanovic.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: PHX never improved their offer from Friday and began to lose interest.

Well yeah, you would have to be insane to offer more.
Like Reply
give kyrie all the money he wants (if we don't want to lose him for nothing come summer)  but we need to add some clauses to the contract we offer him, like clauses related to percentage of games played.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Phx offered Paul, Crowder and a first.   Sort of hard to understand, but Shams said if the Suns offered 3 first round picks then it would have been enough.  Again, his wording was a little weird.  Anyway, he said PHX never improved their offer from Friday and began to lose interest.   

I think the Nets reasoning would be:

-We can flip Dorian for a first.
-We can probably flip Spencer for a first.
-Both guys fill a need.
-Tremendous upside to an unprotected pick from Dallas that many years out.

Suns offer:

-Both guys fill a need but probably lesser than the two Dallas will send us.
-No way to extract value from them.
-The above makes "only" one FRP way less attractive.

Zero chance you'd get three FRPs from them though.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:54 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: give kyrie all the money he wants (if we don't want to lose him for nothing come summer)  but we need to add some clauses to the contract we offer him, like clauses related to percentage of games played.

That's exactly what the Nets offered him Wednesday last week. Kyrie demanded out Thursday with no recourse and decided to sit out.

That's how we got here.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's exactly what the Nets offered him Wednesday last week. Kyrie demanded out Thursday with no recourse and decided to sit out.

That's how we got here.

I thought they offered two years and he wanted four?
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:54 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: give kyrie all the money he wants (if we don't want to lose him for nothing come summer)  but we need to add some clauses to the contract we offer him, like clauses related to percentage of games played.

...and that's pretty much what Brooklyn just tried, which caused Irving's camp to break off of negotiations and demand a trade. So, nope. The guy who'll negotiate this contract will be the same guy who didn't put injury clauses in KP's current deal, despite him not having played a single game in a Mavs uniform yet.
Like Reply