Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 08:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It certainly didn't help, but that's the one huge mistake none of us saw coming (we SHOULD have had a problem with the sight-unseen max extension, but I don't remember a single person complaining about it). Still, ONE disaster can be fixed.

...but then, Brunson.

...and now, THIS. 

That's three (3!) of the biggest mistakes I can remember any team making during the time period in question. All of them are era-threatening alone, but enduring all three of them????

It just goes back to Kamm's point about us never wanting to tank.  Cuban is just too impatient.  Luka wasn't even fully paid for when we threw away the rest of our assets overpaying for KP.  Then we overpaid THJ in the ultimate Dwight Powell power move and then overpaid the Wizards to ditch KP.  Our front office does a terrible job of valuation which is why I guess I shouldn't be surprised about overpaying for Kyrie.  But here we are.

(02-05-2023, 08:40 PM)Tyler Wrote: The news that Kyrie isn't automatically guaranteed a big deal in the summer isn't surprising. But Stein's nugget that Wood could still be moved is newsy.

'27 + Wood by the TDL wouldn't surprise me at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, & 2nds to BKN - by cow - 02-05-2023, 08:43 PM