Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 08:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that's a better deal than the one that happened today in real life. At least the '27 will be a late first and you wouldn't be sending out one of the best all-time Mavericks in exchange for a horrible person who doesn't care about this team, its players or its fans.

Don't be crazy.

You know I hate this trade from a valuation standpoint.  It would have been tolerable had the future pick been protected and had Kyrie come with a two year extension.  I full expect you are correct that we'll be handing out a 4-year max deal come the offseason.  

I do love the idea of taking a flier on Kyrie, but in typical MBT fashion we have to bungle the negotiations.  Because of the way we operate, we'll never be able to afford a blue chip player since that's going to cost you young talent and more than the 3x FRPs that the Mavs could ever cobble together.  So we are left acquiring players with warts.

And you and I love Dorian.  But his upside was gone and he was finally on a fair contract.  Taking emotions out of it, which is hard, but trading him wasn't a terrible move.  I wouldn't even mind who we traded him for had my previous tolerable conditions be met.  It's Josh's time.  He isn't as versatile a defender as Dorian but he still has upside and has an offensive skillset more in tune with the modern NBA.  You have to be able to dribble.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, hakeemfaan, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Kyrie to DAL | SD, DFS, 2029 1st, & 2nds to BKN - by cow - 02-05-2023, 08:10 PM