Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/162...3912919041
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:41 PM)loki Wrote: I almost feel bad for offending the Laser

I've seriously come around on him this year.  He's one of our better fast break players.  Contract is still a turd though.
Like Reply
[Image: Capture.jpg]

Yep
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:18 PM)The Jom Wrote: Trying to get my arms around how you got likes for saying you wouldn’t have traded a pick—ANY PICK—for Giannis. Have you gone insane?

That pick might be the most valuable, sought after asset in the sport before you know it. I think it was @"Jym" who said it best: there's a very good chance Mark Cuban is the only notable Mavs figure still here by the time that pick conveys. It was mind-numbingly stupid to include that pick in this trade. Factually. Like cutting off your left hand and trading it for a new pair of gloves.

(02-05-2023, 07:27 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: I’d try to get the Hardaway-LeVert swap done

Makes a TON more sense now with DFS gone.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That pick might be the most valuable, sought after asset in the sport before you know it. I think it was @"Jym" who said it best: there's a very good chance Mark Cuban is the only notable Mavs figure still here by the time that pick conveys. It was mind-numbingly stupid to include that pick in this trade. Factually. Like cutting off your left hand and trading it for a new pair of gloves.

I'm with you that you don't give that up for a potential Kyrie rental, but for Giannis it becomes a no brainer in the other direction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:43 PM)cow Wrote: I've seriously come around on him this year.  He's one of our better fast break players.  Contract is still a turd though.

He's been a little bit better this year. I don't know if he'll get anything more than spot minutes in the playoffs though.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:51 PM)cow Wrote: I'm with you that you don't give that up for a potential Kyrie rental, but for Giannis it becomes a no brainer in the other direction.

It's at least a conversation worth having, I'll give you that. 

But, it's an UNPROTECTED 1st for SIX years from now. Really, truly try to imagine all the things that can (and will) go wrong during that time period.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: all the things that can (and will) go wrong

I cannot believe the IIC actually did this. I am in complete shock still.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I cannot believe the IIC actually did this. I am in complete shock still.

Welcome aboard.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's at least a conversation worth having, I'll give you that. 

But, it's an UNPROTECTED 1st for SIX years from now. Really, truly try to imagine all the things that can (and will) go wrong during that time period.

You'd have the two best players in the world so I'm okay with a "fuck those picks" mentality.  The future is important but giving yourself a window of multiple championships when those draft classes have just a good of a chance of being terrible as the do spectacular is a risk worth taking.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Jym, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:56 PM)Smitty Wrote: Welcome aboard.

I have been on this boat for awhile and clearly stated I would hate a deal like this before it happened. I am genuinely doubting my Mavs fandom for the first time in 25 years.
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I cannot believe the IIC actually did this. I am in complete shock still.

Something else is coming before the deadline and I'm terrified of what it could even be
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
If it had been up to me, the pick would have only been included IF they had taken Bullock instead of DFS

While Kyrie is an upgrade at guard, losing DFS weakens us at the 4
Like Reply

I've moved on to "scornfully numb" because I kind of saw it coming. I got about a 24 hour head start on you with the process. 

It will probably make the rest of this season more fun, so that part will be ok. 

They WILL offer him his 4-year max on the first day of free agency, just like they did with Porzingis. There's not a doubt in my mind that things will go south from there in a hurry, but, hey...at least they are now essentially void of draft capital for almost a decade.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I have been on this boat for awhile and clearly stated I would hate a deal like this before it happened. I am genuinely doubting my Mavs fandom for the first time in 25 years.

Sadly, you don't get to pick.  Just like we don't get to pick the owners of the teams we grew up watching.  Wear the pain like a badge of honor.  It sure beats jumping on a bandwagon.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I have been on this boat for awhile and clearly stated I would hate a deal like this before it happened. I am genuinely doubting my Mavs fandom for the first time in 25 years.

I was exactly where you’re at now, when Brunson left. It has been a slow death. I miss the good ole days.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:58 PM)Jym Wrote: Something else is coming before the deadline and I'm terrified of what it could even be

Calling it now: '27 1st for Jae Crowder. 

Be Prepared. Hopefully, they don't include Hardy by accident.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:58 PM)MFFL Wrote: If it had been up to me, the pick would have only been included IF they had taken Bullock instead of DFS

If had been up to me, no 1st round pick would have EVER, EVER, EVER been included for Kyrie "About-to-Self-Destruct" Irving who is likely a rental OR is going to hold the franchise hostage with a long term contract as he ages into crazy oblivion.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: '27 1st for Jae Crowder.

[Image: scanners-head.gif]
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Calling it now: '27 1st for Jae Crowder. 

Be Prepared. Hopefully, they don't include Hardy by accident.

MBT aren't that stupid.  Well, maybe the Hardy part.
Like Reply