Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
Realgm seems surprisingly split on the trade. I thought I was going to check in over there and see the Mavs getting absolutely roasted 

I guess now just need to figure out what to do with Wood. I don't see him as a long term fit with Luka and Kyrie unless we get Siakam which seems hard to pull off now
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/1622325726061146112?s=20&t=4w0LbdszteQC7yoVbmhunQ
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 06:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/1622325726061146112?s=20&t=4w0LbdszteQC7yoVbmhunQ

Someone tweet him this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa27pPbtdKs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MicahSharon2013/status/1622356165219819520?s=20&t=4w0LbdszteQC7yoVbmhunQ
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952uamu3x57v8pfv1x3ug...y.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Tweet of the day:

https://twitter.com/TikTikBoom_/status/1...8689366016
[-] The following 8 users Like cow's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Smitty, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
I like this TRADE!!!

Instead of letting Luka rot in total mediocrity, now we get to have a chance to make some noise. So what if we flame out? Its better than this cold meat crap we've been served this entire season. Our offseason made us worse. Now we are talent-wise MUCH better. At least we have a chance. Our team was headed to the lottery this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JCB's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
should've dumped  some  trashes in this deal but still it is a good one. people will miss SD but we know  we ain't doing sh@t with him being 2nd.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:08 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: people will miss SD

Not me.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Kammrath
Like Reply

[Image: FoPh4seXgAEhTUM?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Has it sunk in yet that they traded a 2029 UNPROTECTED first in this deal?

Do we all understand that there's a good chance Luka won't be here at that point, and that this might be the league's worst team that season? 

I wouldn't have traded that pick, under those conditions, for Giannis.

Trying to get my arms around how you got likes for saying you wouldn’t have traded a pick—ANY PICK—for Giannis. Have you gone insane?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • F Gump, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:18 PM)The Jom Wrote: Trying to get my arms around how you got likes for saying you wouldn’t have traded a pick—ANY PICK—for Giannis. Have you gone insane?

I think KL is launching nukes to counter the nuke that Cuban launched.  Mutually assured destruction.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:18 PM)The Jom Wrote: Trying to get my arms around how you got likes for saying you wouldn’t have traded a pick—ANY PICK—for Giannis. Have you gone insane?

Yeah I would have traded that pick for Siakam even 
But not many others. Like Lavine or Beal? Nah
Like Reply
Well I had discounted the mid tier trade targets because I didn’t think we would offer a unprotected first round pick.  Well that appears to be not the case any longer.  They are clearly going to offer one.

Bojan?  Poetl?  Which of those would you prefer if we had an unprotected first, plus salary?  Do we really need another really good scorer?  On the other hand, do you really want to give an unprotected first for a center?

Every team is going to ask for Green first and Hardy second 8in any of these trades.  I am confident they will shoo away any Green trades.  Less sure about Hardy.  I hope they do.  Dallas desperately needs cheap and young talent to let grow.
Like Reply
I’d try to get the Hardaway-LeVert swap done

Kyrie | Hardy
Luka | LeVert
Green | Bullock
Kleber | Morris | Bertans
Wood | Powell | McGee

Adds more playmaking to our second unit and you free up some money for next summer.

Also I REALLY hope we’ll see Green starting and Hardy move up into the regular rotation now. We need every bit of internal player development we can get now.
Like Reply
This team was going nowhere. At least now it’s fun to watch if nothing else . We can recoup some picks and players for Luka when he does decide to leave.  Maybe we get something for Kyrie as well if we do resign him. As for the 2029 FRP,  I will be close to 60. I don’t even know if I will be alive then.
[-] The following 2 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • F Gump, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:23 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well I had discounted the mid tier trade targets because I didn’t think we would offer a unprotected first round pick.  Well that appears to be not the case any longer.  They are clearly going to offer one.

Bojan?  Poetl?  Which of those would you prefer if we had an unprotected first, plus salary?  Do we really need another really good scorer?  On the other hand, do you really want to give an unprotected first for a center?

Every team is going to ask for Green first and Hardy second 8in any of these trades.  I am confident they will shoo away any Green trades.  Less sure about Hardy.  I hope they do.  Dallas desperately needs cheap and young talent to let grow.

Unless you're moving Wood I'd rather have Bojan since Kidd won't play 2 bigs when it really matters. Having a true knock down shooter is still a need. Guys like Bullock, Kleber, and THJ are too unreliable.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:29 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: This team was going nowhere. At least now it’s fun to watch if nothing else . We can recoup some picks and players for Luka when he does decide to leave.  Maybe we get something for Kyrie as well if we do resign him. As for the 2029 FRP,  I will be close to 60. I don’t even know if I will be alive then.

Good point.  For all we know in ‘29 the flat earth may not even be livable.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:30 PM)loki Wrote: Unless you're moving Wood I'd rather have Bojan since Kidd won't play 2 bigs when it really matters. Having a true knock down shooter is still a need. Guys like Bullock, Kleber, and THJ are too unreliable.

Somewhere Bertans just shed a tear.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 07:33 PM)cow Wrote: Somewhere Bertans just shed a tear.

I almost feel bad for offending the Laser
Like Reply