Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 05:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No. No, he's not. 

Rodman was a 1,000x better teammate than Irving. You are either ignorant of the full scope of who Kyrie is or you're lying to yourself. 

You keep making arguments about basketball fit. NO NEED. He's a GIFTED player, who, I agree, will fit with Luka like a dream. 

And my guess (though I'm not sure) is that he tries to make a go of it down the stretch this year. 

But, that will be the sum/total of anything "positive" that comes from this trade, and the Mavs gave up DFS and an UNPROTECTED 2029 pick (very likely to be an early lottery pick) for this. 

If Irving leaves, it's awful. If they give him his 4-year max (that's what will happen), he'll find ways to miss huge stretches of games or start needless drama to draw attention to himself, or both. OR, maybe he aks for another trade a month after he signs (the return being worse than what the Mavs just paid to get him). If they try to play it smart and keep giving him 1-2 year deals to keep him honest, he'll just go somewhere else. 

There is a 0% chance this works out the way you're hoping. Not a 3% chance...0%.

Lets see what happens. I think this trade is brilliant and puts us to contend and will provide this chance. DFS is clearly not an answer, we cant surround us with non-championship pieces that only can shoot and without clear other talent and expect to win a championship. Rodman is a A LOT like Kyrie in that sense. A talented, unique, and troublesome championship piece that needed to be surrounded by elite players that understood him. Lots of troubles off the court, but a clear winner.

Irving could leave after we win the title. Still a brilliant deal. And yes it will in that case make Luka more comfortable even with Kyrie leaving.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, PHX, & LAC interested? - by burekemde - 02-05-2023, 05:42 PM