Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 04:45 PM)cow Wrote: Zero worries about fit.  Kyrie was wonderful when Harden was traded to the Nets.  He's skilled enough to play on or off ball and is willing to do so for talent on his level.  I think you'll see the same thing with Luka who has willingly deferred to much, much, much less talented players.  

The issue is the price we paid and will Kyrie stay on the floor because of his own foolishness.

I was always impressed by Kyrie in the games we played against them. I never watched him in other non-Mavs games. But from those, especially the last one in my memory, it didnt take long to figure out he is 10x times player than SD. This is entirely different level of talent. And Im/was really impressed what SD did here and he was also a fit along Luka.

Wood is a fantastic fit as well.

I think the team is building players in the team that are a fit. And I believe DFS was never a true fit, despite his dedication, the 3&D concept around Luka is/was a complete misfit. All that space left from Luka is much more efficiently used in other ways than just shooting, and DFS was quiet ackward at that part. He ended up being a corner shooter and nothing more than that.

Irving and SD are similar players. Irving is just on a different talent level.

The risk I agree is Irvings personality. But the more fit he is with Luka, the less likely are chances for issues arising. With Porzinigis that is the dominant physical player with less bbIQ, it was a misfit, and this just accelerated the issues. A clear fit is always going to increase chances of positive pathway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • MAVS-SLO
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, PHX, & LAC interested? - by burekemde - 02-05-2023, 04:53 PM