Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyrie Irving: we already named a city after him!
(02-05-2023, 04:19 PM)cow Wrote: As horrible of a thought it would be to pay what we paid for Kyrie and have him walk, I'm not sure four years of him is a much better option either.  He seems to have a short shelf life with most teams.  This is a really thin needle to thread.

Well the OBVIOUS answer would be the immediate two year extension and I bet that was the Lakers final offer.  The Lakers wanted to see some kind of commitment from Kyrie for blowing assets on him. It´s called a compromise. It´s the same thing the Nets likely demanded and offered.

Kyrie Irving after ALL the shit he pulled for the last four years to miss about 200 games (flath earth, injuries, anti-vaxx, anti-semitism), still wanted to be paid the full four year max, and reacted outraged that nobody wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No way any other team will attach themselves to this clown for four years.

ENTER Mark Cuban. I bet that is what Cuban promised him under the table.

...and in six months, you´ll all be outraged that nobody could see it coming. JaVale McGee was a 35 year old with a poor motor and on-court smarts that immediately retired, when he signed that three year deal. It´s called common sense. It´s human psychology 101.

Kyrie Irving is not going to change. You can only hope the Mavs win a championship this year before he officially gets his four year extension and Luka gets fed up with him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • cow
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE REQUEST: Kyrie demands trade or he walks | LAL, DAL, PHX, & LAC interested? - by Mavs2021 - 02-05-2023, 04:43 PM